Hi,

Anyone know anything about this CDP?

Regards

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by KimKod View Post
    Hi,

Anyone know anything about this CDP?

Regards
    If I remember right its based on a Marantz CD94 mk1/mk2. I have a review of it in Audiophile or Hi-Fi answers I will go have a look.

Regards D S D L

PS I got the review it was in Audiophile Issue 1 July 1990 I have taken a photo so hope you can read it.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 28-09-2009 at 13:38.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Radford Ws1 Review

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm José.

Thanks Dalek,

I think i made a mistake by aquire this CDP. I bouth him yesterday on eBay, but i should have done the home work.

I alredy have a CD Marantz 60 modified with a Philips CDM4 and a TDA1541A DAC. The Radford i think it will be more of the same.

The CD 60 have a beutifull sound, very natural and precisious. All acoustics instruments and voices are simple gregorius. Jazz, ethno, world music... , but i also listen heavy metal and this kind of music have high frequencies. I think that the DAC with high frequecies get a liltle confused.

So, i like to try and test equiments. Now i have Accuphase E-305V + Proac 1SC + Marantz CD 60 Mod. Second system: NAD 320BEE + Marantz CD 5001 + Monitor Audio 7 MKII.

If I would have the $$$ it would be Copland cd 288 or Teac VRDS 10.

Thanks

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by KimKod View Post
    Thanks Dalek,

I think i made a mistake by aquire this CDP. I bouth him yesterday on eBay, but i should have done the home work.

I alredy have a CD Marantz 60 modified with a Philips CDM4 and a TDA1541A DAC. The Radford i think it will be more of the same.

The CD 60 have a beutifull sound, very natural and precisious. All acoustics instruments and voices are simple gregorius. Jazz, ethno, world music... , but i also listen heavy metal and this kind of music have high frequencies. I think that the DAC with high frequecies get a liltle confused.

So, i like to try and test equiments. Now i have Accuphase E-305V + Proac 1SC + Marantz CD 60 Mod. Second system: NAD 320BEE + Marantz CD 5001 + Monitor Audio 7 MKII.

If I would have the $$$ it would be Copland cd 288 or Teac VRDS 10.

Thanks
    Your welcome.

In my very humble opinion I think the WS1 is a better cdp than your CD60...at least potentially. As a platform its better in that it has a Philips CM1 laser mechanism and that is about as good as it gets bar Teac Vrds mechanisms. If the config is the same as a Marantz CD94 mk2 then it will have twin TDA1541 dacs per channel in a dual differential layout. This allows for a great platform for tweaks and mods. I have a CD94mk2 and its a very good CDP even by todays standards.

What part of the world are you from ?

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm José.

Hi Dalek,

I'm from Portugal.

How can i know this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    ... If the config is the same as a Marantz CD94 mk2 then it will have twin TDA1541 dacs per channel in a dual differential layout. This allows for a great platform for tweaks and mods. Regards D S D L
    ?

Regards

+ Reply to Thread