+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Panasonic to re-launch Technics Turntable

I'm Dave.

I wonder if the brass sheet is actually bonded, it looks like it might just be held on with four screws.
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

Mike_New Guest

Hi Dave,
    The three counter sunk holes confirms what I speculated in my last post.
    I think you are correct the four screws hold down the platter.
    However surely it would be stupid to do this without some sort of backing material below it.
    Bonding would surely be the better option but again would be more expensive to do.
    If the plate is made from brass (much less costly than copper) then I would think that it would need to be anealed in some way
    as brass has a propensity to ring.
    Since the first pics were posted here I have had two private enquiries asking if I can produce my ETP Platter to fit.
    The answer is yes. However my centre boss carrying the tapered hole would be round not triangular, otherwise everything else would be the same
    including the label recess and threaded lifting holes.

I'm Nick.

If you look at the pictures closely you can see three machined areas on the boss that look to locate to three pads on the motor top plate, so to me it looks like the screws are intended to pull it onto the machined three point fixing.
    Nick.

Mike_New Guest

I do not think that the areas are machined flat as the machined surfaces would have a distinctly different colour.
    (much brighter than the dull metal straight from the Die).
    And they would not need to be as they are only pulling the platter onto the taper.
    However this has it's own possible problem in that if the bolts are tightened up to much then over time the platter will
    jam itself onto the bearing.

I'm Neil.

Arm might be replaceable with something else as it looks similar to the old system, still I live in hope of a motor unit, plinth mountable.
    Regards Neil

I'm Andrew.

IMHO the people spending over £3.5k on this version will not modify it any way, probably end up a collectors item.

You certainly won't find the GAE version in any nightclubs!

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm jamie.

if your spending £3500 on a tt and are looking to replace the arm and bearing then id say your buying the wrong tt
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    if your spending £3500 on a tt and are looking to replace the arm and bearing then id say your buying the wrong tt
    100% agree.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324