+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Firebottle Power Amplfier

I'm Mike.

Hi,

Where is the Air at present, I've just found out that my speakers have the punch/welly I like when I connect them to my Claymore 2 (100w), it's heading to Colin for a service/upgrade this week, so I'm keen to try the Air and just use my TQ Claymore as a pre to try it.

The TQ is better/more precise than the mk 2 but the mk 2 kicks more, I can hear the music pushed more into the room, so the Air might just do the business too.

Can I be added to the list for a loan of it.

Thanks,

Mike.

I'm Simon.

Managed to sneak in another session of listening yesterday. Sound is very good with the AIR in place, very easy to listen to and with enough ''Ooomph''.

Did a quick comparison with my P1 mono's. The most obvious thing I hear is that the AIR has much better low end bass and lower mids. It sounds more fuller, more weight and presence. Switching to the Arcam and bass sounds weaker, less thump from the bass drums. Bass is still tight. The Arcam seems to shine more in the upper mids and treble, it's actually a tad more bright in general, yet the sound is slightly anaemic and lacks power. I do think the Arcam has a wider soundstage, but it's very close. I was trying to hear if the AIR loses any detail and/or clarity compared to the monoblocks but I found it hard to distinguish it if so.

I need to do a fairer comparison as currently the AIR is plugged directly into the wall when in use, but the P1's are plugged into a surge block as I don't have 2 sockets spare and don't own a basic no-frills extension. I will be wiring both mono's to 1 plug once materials arrive so will give a fairer comparison then, hopefully in a few days.

I'm Alex.

Is this still available to loan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314