+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Here is a technical overview of Moode Player for the hacker types :-)

Overview

Moode is a Web user interface (WebUI) front-end for Music Player Daemon (MPD) headless music server. Moode runs on Raspberry Pi using a customized Raspbian Linux OS and custom compiled version of MPD. Moode can also function as an Airplay receiver, UPnP renderer and DLNA server.

Software

Moode is complex software with many component parts. It consists of PHP, JQuery/Javascript, HTML, CSS and BASH source code, a set of configuration files and a SQL database that contains player settings and configuration. There are 71 source code files, 7 SQL database tables and 10 configuration files. Source code includes 19 PHP, 29 Javascript, 4 BASH, 14 HTML, and 5 CSS. Many other support files exist but are not generally involved in feature coding or bug fixes.

Architecture

Moode is designed using client-server architecture. The front-end WebUI executes in the client Web Browser and communicates over the network to the the back-end servers on the Raspberry Pi. This architecture allows Moode to be running in multiple client Browsers simultaneously for example a Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone, and the WebUI will be in sync in all Browsers.

- See attached diagram

Infrastructure components

- Raspbian based OS

- MPD music server
    - PHP5 scripting server
    - NGINX Web server
    - SQLite database engines
    - Zend Media PHP-Reader

- Libav-tools audio codecs
    - libSoX resampler
    - USBmount storage auto-mounter
    - Shairport-sync Airplay receiver
    - DJmount miniDLNA server
    - upmpdcli UPnP renderer for MPD
    - upexplorer UPnP metadata provider
    - Samba CIFS/SMB file sharing
    - JQuery Javascript
    - JQuery Knob
    - JQuery Countdown
    - JQuery Scroll
    - Twitter Bootstrap
    - Designmodo Flat UI
    - Font Awesome
    - WiringPi GPIO interface
    - IQ_rot rotary encoder driver
    - Knob.sh volume knob cli

Regards,
    http://moodeaudio.org
    http://twitter.com/MoodeAudio
    Tim Curtis
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 2.4 Test Release 4 is available for download :-)

Visit moodeaudio.org and press the TEST CODE button to select from one of the three download sites.

This test release is running latest mainline Raspbian kernel 4.1.10+ and includes custom compiled MPD version 0.19.10, updated libav-tools and many other new features, updates and fixes.

Please refer to the release notes for details.

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Alistair.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

Moode 2.4 Test Release 4 is available for download :-)

Visit moodeaudio.org and press the TEST CODE button to select from one of the three download sites.

This test release is running latest mainline Raspbian kernel 4.1.10+ and includes custom compiled MPD version 0.19.10, updated libav-tools and many other new features, updates and fixes.

Please refer to the release notes for details.

Regards,
    Tim
    Shiny.
    Downloaded and configured.
    Thanks for the cue file stuff Tim it's working beautifully.
    Oh, and a very warm welcome to AOS

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Barry.

Hi Tim,

Downloaded and trying 2.4 test version, but having problems with volume control on my Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ setup, hardware voulme control seems stuck on what is set in system config, no control with volume dials in the playback screen and software volume contol not working at all.

Barry
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 15-10-2015 at 13:54.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Hi Tim,

Downloaded and trying 4.2 test version, but having problems with volume control on my Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ setup, hardware voulme control seems stuck on what is set in MPD config, no control with volume dials in the playback screen and software volume contol not working at all.

Barry
    Hi,

That's correct, if using hardware control the volume ( although strictly speaking its gain not volume - 100 is 0db ) is set within mpd, The volume is then controlled by your amplifier.

My setup never changed volume using the dials within MoOde when set as hardware.

Mike.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligauld View Post
    Shiny.
    Downloaded and configured.
    Thanks for the cue file stuff Tim it's working beautifully.
    Oh, and a very warm welcome to AOS

Cheers,
    Alistair
    Hi Alistair,

Glad its working :-)

Btw what DAC are u using?

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Barry.

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply , but that has never been the case with any other version of moode I have used. I have my preamp set at a fixed gain/volume, moode set to hardware volume control of the dac and I control my power amp output from the volume control dials in the moode playback screen. Just switched back to moode 2.3 which is working just as I have described. Strange.

Barry

I'm Mike.

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply , but that has never been the case with any other version of moode I have used. I have my preamp set at a fixed gain/volume, moode set to hardware volume control of the dac and I control my power amp output from the volume control dials in the moode playback screen. Just switched back to moode 2.3 which is working just as I have described. Strange.

Barry
    Hi,

Ok strange, pretty sure it didn't work that way with mine but then again that might have been with an earlier version.

I'll need to check it out.

Mike.

I'm Tim.

Hi Tim,

Downloaded and trying 4.2 test version, but having problems with volume control on my Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ setup, hardware voulme control seems stuck on what is set in MPD config, no control with volume dials in the playback screen and software volume contol not working at all.

Barry
    Hi Barry,

Very odd.

I have exact same Pi-2B + Pi-DAC+ and no issues, but this is a "test" release so could be bug. I'll re-load test 4 on this system and see what happens.

Here is the way volume should work:

1) The only MPD volume control setting that disables the Moode volume knob is "disabled". The knob will be grayed out, set to 0 and will not accept any input. MPD will output 100% volume (0dB). This is the setting when using an external analog or digital volume control for example on a preamp, integrated amp or stand-alone volume control.

2) If MPD is set to "Software" there should always be a functional Moode knob.

a) If audio device has hardware volume controller, ALSA volume needs to be set to 100 (0dB) since MPD will be controlling volume using its software volume control. MPD and ALSA volume controls are not coupled in this case.
    b) If audio device does not have hardware volume controller, then nothing further needs to be done.

3) If MPD is set to "Hardware" then

a) If audio device has hardware volume controller, the Moode knob will be functional. MPD will be using the audio devices hardware volume control via an internal coupling between MPD and ALSA.
    b) If audio device does not have hardware volume controller, the Moode knob will be functional but will always reset to 0 because this is not a valid configuration.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Barry.

Hi Tim, thanks for the explanation of how the volume control works, 3a covers my setup. Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast