+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Luke.

I'll have another play around then if there's no special trick to it, just don't recall seeing the option... Updating without reflashing is a real bonus!

I'm Grant.

I can switch mine on and find it if you cant see it
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Luke.

Thanks Grant, but I think I've realised why I didn't see it - I have a Pi B + and it seems that the advanced kernal is only available on the 2/3 versions, grrrr. I guess it's a relatively cheap upgrade, if the sound quality is noticeably improved. How have you found the switch to the new kernel and 384khz?

I'm Grant.

I felt it agood upgrade Luke. Yes ive a 2b rpi and use an audiophonics board.so cant speak for iqaudio ones now,although I did have one once. Think the audiophonics board is better personally,
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Dave.

Doesn't the Audiophonics DAC use the ESS chip? If so it seems just a bit unlikely that you can benefit from dissabling TI's digital filter with the advanced audio kernel!

I'm Barry.

Info from Tim about advance audio kernel.

Advanced: low latency kernel that provides advanced audio capabilities.

- Up to 384k sample rate for ES9023 and PCM512x codecs.
    - Integer bclk divider for ES9023 codec on 48k/96k rates.
    - DSD128 format support via 352.8k rate.
    - Bypass OS filter on PCM512x, PCM514x, PCM524x via 384k rate.
    - Fixed 64fs bclk ratio for 2 channel, 32/24/16 bit audio.

What this means in terms of some new audio capabilities is as follows.

1) 352.8k rate enables DSD128 in either DoP or DSD -> PCM on-the-fly formats.

2) Integer bclk divider for ES9023 codec on 48k/96k rates results in less jitter for these particular sample rates.

3) 384K rate when fed to one of the PCM51xx/52xx chips results in the chips' internal oversampling (OS) filter being bypassed. Some audio enthusiasts feel that sound quality is improved by doing this.

I'm Luke.

Does anyone know how to get Moode to work with the Boss DAC from Allo? I thought you could just select the IQaudio setting but i couldn't get any music to play.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get Moode to work with the Boss DAC from Allo? I thought you could just select the IQaudio setting but i couldn't get any music to play.
    Support for the Boss Dac is coming with version 3.5 of Moode.

Post from Tim in diyaudio forum.

Hi Luki,

Upcoming Moode 3.5 release supports the Boss and Piano DAC's. The Boss is supported only in the Advanced Low Latency and Real-Time Audio kernels.

-Tim
    Last edited by Kit1cat; 30-03-2017 at 09:19.

I'm Luke.

Aha, thanks, I just found that out myself by delving into a DIYaudio thread. Not sure why I thought there was an existing workaround?!

Will have to make do with Volumio for now (which is a lot slicker than I remember it and sounds good to me).

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    I had the Piano DAC working using the Raspy 4 setting, BOSS might work why that?

I found out Raspy 4 worked just by trying a few and landed on that one 😉

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast