+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm rupert.

Default Piano DAC2.1

Hi Tim,

First, thanks a ton for the new version of Moode ;-)

I have been playing around with a new DAC which uses two PCM5142 chips (Piano2.1 from Allo). AFAIKS, there is no dedicated "driver" for this device in Moode at the moment ? I did try the driver that is reputed to work with this DAC IQaudio I think, but it doesn't seem to support both chips specifically. Maybe I'm missing something ?

Greetings to you

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 3.1 is available for download at moodeaudio.org. This is primarily a bugfix release but it does contain a nice enhancement to the Browse panel that provides auto-scroll to the selected folder when the back button is pressed.

It also includes the 4.4.24-sc1 advanced kernel. It was necessary to switch to this kernel due to source-tree issues with 4.4.30-sc1. The same advanced audio capabilities and performance tunings are provided in 4.4.24-sc1.

If you are currently using Moode 3.0 you can upgrade to Moode 3.1 via in-place software update. To get the update, open the System configuration page and click "CHECK for software update" then click VIEW then INSTALL. Reboot after the completion message appears and BE SURE to follow the post-reboot instructions. I've reprinted them below.

- Open Customize and toggle the Theme color to reset it
    - Open System config and toggle the MPD scheduler policy to reset it
    - If running Advanced kernel press INSTALL to update it then REBOOT

Regards,
    Tim

======================
    3.1 Release 2016-12-05
    ======================

Updates

- UPD: Add real-time RR to MPD scheduler policy dropdown
    - UPD: Bump squeezelite to version 1.8.5-823
    - UPD: Reduce squeezelite DSP buffer setting for armv6l
    - UPD: Minor cleanup for rotary encoder driver
    - UPD: Switch to 4.4.24 advanced kernel
    - UPD: Add moodeaudio.org and twitter links to About

Bug fixes

- FIX: Logic in Squeezelite restart job in Worker
    - FIX: Pegged CPU due to FIFO schedule pol in squeezelite svc
    - FIX: MPD/Squeezelite fail on 1-core armv7l due to CPUAffinity
    - FIX: Squeezelite compatibility with armv6l platform (Pi-1B/B+)
    - FIX: PCM5121 chip options grayed out on Customize screen
    - FIX: Incorrect coding for Audiophonics PCM5122 in audiodev tbl
    - FIX: Browse not scrolling to selected item after back btn
    - FIX: DLNA server status page not found
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Josie.

Wow, Tim... your on fire!!! lol
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Cheers just done that....i think lol. Working anyway
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

All installed.

Thanks, Tim
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    All installed.

Thanks, Tim
    Me too

I'm rupert.

1+

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    Hi Tim,

First, thanks a ton for the new version of Moode ;-)

I have been playing around with a new DAC which uses two PCM5142 chips (Piano2.1 from Allo). AFAIKS, there is no dedicated "driver" for this device in Moode at the moment ? I did try the driver that is reputed to work with this DAC IQaudio I think, but it doesn't seem to support both chips specifically. Maybe I'm missing something ?

Greetings to you
    What is it you are trying to do ?

The 2 DAC chips filtering on this card can be configured using TI's own software only - see comment below from Allo. There is a youtube video showing the software in operation on the allo.com website in the piano 2.1 section.

"The PurePath software from TI is available for download (registration required) and can be used to create specific filters and other audio functions"

So for example you could configure the subwoofer chip as a second 'normal output' if you want 4 channel operation. The player software will only deliver a suitable signal from the PI to the DAC but not actually configure the DAC filters.

Or are you saying the subwoofer output is not working with your unit - I haven't tried using a subwoofer with my unit yet but others may have.

Mel

I'm rupert.

Hi,

I would like to run the two PCM5142's in mono mode, one for the Left channel and one for Right channel, stereo 2.0 output (no sub) .., is that even possible or useful to enhance SQ ? As I said, maybe I'm missing something. Advice welcome.

All the best. Thank's
    Last edited by r100; 07-12-2016 at 15:02.

I'm Mel.

Interesting idea - I think you need to raise it in the DIYAUDIO forum where you will find much technical experience and comment.

Personally, I would expect it to be a backward step for sound quality. All chips are built to meet tolerances and are not all equal so theoretically you could end up with an imbalance between channels but whether you would hear that or not I don't know. I would doubt ALLO have measured the DACS and selected/produced matched pairs at the price point they are working at.

Mel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast