+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Josie.

All done, working well. Thanks, Tim.

I am getting a little skip now and then and wondered if you know why. Pretty sure it's since I updated to 3.0 but need to check back to 2.7 to make sure.

It's more prominent whilst upsampling but even when running with it disabled I've heard it skip once or twice.

Also, should I be able to play DSD files when the upsampling is disabled? I can't seem to do this but they play when I upsample to 24/192khz.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Anyone had occasional skipping recently?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Anyone had occasional skipping recently?
    not on mine - Pi 2B, with Piano 2.1 Dac/Kali Reclocker, with no resampling, the only issue I have is a slight click at start when I switch tracks or albums manually.

I'm Josie.

Hmm... thanks, Mike.

It's not all the time, just now and then. I get that same click too btw.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hmm... thanks, Mike.

It's not all the time, just now and then. I get that same click too btw.
    Do you resample ?

I wonder if the skip is due to it overrunning the CPU

I'm Josie.

No, I don't resample. But when I do (24/192) it seems to do it a little more often.

I've just been listening to a big long file opposed to a separated track album and it's only skipped once.

I have some DSD recordings too and they won't play with it disabled but will when resampled to 24/192. Alas, they skip occasionally too.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Mine is on resample with kernel upgrade on standard rpi2b and audiophonics dac. No clicks etc here that ive noticed so far.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Time to upgrade my RPi and operating system to something a bit quicker and hopefully better sounding. It will still be a single board computer with only one task. That is to take stored music from an attached hard drive and feed it to my USB DAC.

I would like to continue using Moode, but on the supplied eMMC card with the new computer I have the option of either Android or Xubuntu pre-loaded. Which one is best for Moode?

Thanks

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Time to upgrade my RPi and operating system to something a bit quicker and hopefully better sounding. It will still be a single board computer with only one task. That is to take stored music from an attached hard drive and feed it to my USB DAC.

I would like to continue using Moode, but on the supplied eMMC card with the new computer I have the option of either Android or Xubuntu pre-loaded. Which one is best for Moode?

Thanks
    Hi,

Moode is an embedded system that only runs on Raspberry Pi and moodeOS which is based on Raspbian Jessie Lite.

-Tim

I'm Chris.

Well that's put the tin hat on that one .

Not really the right place to ask, but can anyone recommend free player software to run on either Android or Xubuntu.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast