+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Alistair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Thanks Alistair.

I'll give it a go.

Is there a way of showing the output stream information on the playback screen? I'm sure once I had it showing it, unless that was Volumio.

Not important, just for giggles really.
    The only way I know of doing that in MoOde is showing the audio info from the drop down menu but that doesn't refresh with each track.
    So over to anyone else who can help with this

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

Set MPD volume control to "Hardware" and resampling to "disabled". Leave DoP se to "no".

Re-test volume with DSD.

-Tim
    -Tim
    Thanks Tim the use of hardware volume control does enable normal volume control with DSD files

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

Set MPD volume control to "Hardware" and resampling to "disabled". Leave DoP se to "no".

Re-test volume with DSD.

Also, if you end up using MPD resampling with DSD then first Install Advanced kernel. This provides 32/352.8 rate which is an even multiple of DSD64, the exact rate for DSD128 and an even divisor for DSD256.

-Tim
    -Tim
    I've got a strange effect here playing DSD.

Volume Control = Hardware
    Resamping = Disabled
    DOP = No

The playback is like it's really slow and almost backwards sounding. Any ideas?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Ooh.. forgot, there is one other thing too.. Setting it to re-sampling at 192/24 (same as on previous Moode 2.7), now and then I get a little skip in the music that wasn't there before.

It's not all the time, once or twice in a 5 minute track and it's a skip forward and it's always in the same place. I think it's about 5 seconds before a bassy drum starts. That could be just coincidence though.

Anyone had this?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Who is running a Pi3 with Moode? Any tangible improvements in SQ? Is it a definite upgrade/improvement?

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Who is running a Pi3 with Moode? Any tangible improvements in SQ?
    Think Marco is
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mel.

I've got a strange effect here playing DSD.

Volume Control = Hardware
    Resamping = Disabled
    DOP = No

The playback is like it's really slow and almost backwards sounding. Any ideas?
    My DSD playback sounds fine now I have the volume issue sorted (I am using PI3 with IQ DACamp and Moode 3). However, one thing I did notice with DSD256 files was a strange drop out and I guess it could be as you describe. I had no problems with DSD64 and DSD192. Ive not re-tried the 256 files since changing the volume setting. While trying Tim's suggestion of re-sampling the DSD256 files played fine. Have you tried different DSD quality files (size) to see if your problem happens on all sample rates.

Mel

Mel

I'm Mike.

I just built a Pi3+Hifiberry Digi+ Pro with moOde 3.0 for a friend.
    We ran into issues as he doesnt have a DAC that can take it all when it comes to resolutions.
    Is there any way of setting a limit rather than a fixed Resample-rate?
    I dont want to resample RedbookAudio, but i can neither pass DSD coverted to PCM over the optical output. (moOde crashes hard in those cases?)

Atb Mike

I'm Mel.

Mike, see my post #746 - with those settings I can play any high res file without any re-sampling and I think the IQ board has the same dac chip as the highberry. The only file I have not checked with these settings are dsd256. I do not use an optical out however.

I'm Tim.

Hi,

An in-place software update for Moode 3.0 is available that provides bug fixes, feature updates and improvements. See the list below.

To get the update, open the System configuration page and click "CHECK for software update" then click VIEW/INSTALL. Reboot after the completion message appears.

Many thanks to all of you for taking the time to test and report bugs!

Regards,
    Tim

Updates

- UPD: Add real-time RR to MPD scheduler policy dropdown
    - UPD: Bump squeezelite to version 1.8.5-823
    - UPD: Reduce squeezelite DSP buffer setting for armv6l

Bug fixes

- FIX: Logic in Squeezelite restart job in Worker
    - FIX: Pegged CPU due to FIFO schedule policy in squeezelite service
    - FIX: MPD/Squeezelite fail on 1-core armv7l due to CPUAffinity setting
    - FIX: Squeezelite compatibility with armv6l platform (Pi-1B/B+)
    - FIX: PCM5121 chip options grayed out on Customize screen
    - FIX: Incorrect coding for Audiophonics PCM5122 in audio device table
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast