+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Mike.

I've installed 3.0 and now trying to do initial setup but when I try to Configure MPD I get this...

mpd-config: connection to mpd failed

So I've been halted at step 2 after selecting audio device then reboot, next move is to Configure/MPD but it fails

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I've installed 3.0 and now trying to do initial setup but when I try to Configure MPD I get this...

mpd-config: connection to mpd failed

So I've been halted at step 2 after selecting audio device then reboot, next move is to Configure/MPD but it fails
    There's some discussion about this on the diyAudio thread.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    There's some discussion about this on the diyAudio thread.
    I'll have a look, thanks

I'm Felipe.

No chance of using the upgrade function inside V2.7? Has to be a fresh install? Thanks

I'm Mike.

Fresh Install

I've managed to solve the MPD issue with help form DIYAudio pages

So onto the next step now lol

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    I'm running v3 with DSD over PCM set to "No" (IQ dac does not provide native DSD support).

How do I software control the volume as it seems to be either on (1 or >) or off (0) when using the playback volume control with DSD files.

I can only change the playing volume using the audio configuration ALSA volume setting which is not very convenient as each change needs a set command.

Also need to say I am using the IQ DAC amp so have no hardware volume control on an amplifier.

Im I missing a trick somewhere ?

Mel
    Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    MPD handling of volume with DSD format is confusing.

DoP=no apparently requires MPD resampling to be enabled for volume control to function, otherwise volume is 0 or max. I'm not sure why...

-Tim
    Thanks Tim - volume control now working after enabling re-sampling to 24/192. Also noted that DSD 256 files will now play - they 'stutter' a lot when trying to play as DSD alone. The DSD quality still sounds very good considering the processing applied.
    Mel

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Thanks Tim - volume control now working after enabling re-sampling to 24/192. Also noted that DSD 256 files will now play - they 'stutter' a lot when trying to play as DSD alone. The DSD quality still sounds very good considering the processing applied.
    Mel
    Hi,

Set MPD volume control to "Hardware" and resampling to "disabled". Leave DoP se to "no".

Re-test volume with DSD.

Also, if you end up using MPD resampling with DSD then first Install Advanced kernel. This provides 32/352.8 rate which is an even multiple of DSD64, the exact rate for DSD128 and an even divisor for DSD256.

-Tim
    -Tim

I'm Josie.

Thanks, Tim.

Just installed v3.0, installed the advanced kernel too.

So... are you guys running with Software or hardware control set in moode? Bit confuzled.

I normally run it with Hardware, and the Moode rotary control at 100 and the same in Alsamixer.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Alistair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Thanks, Tim.

Just installed v3.0, installed the advanced kernel too.

So... are you guys running with Software or hardware control set in moode? Bit confuzled.

I normally run it with Hardware, and the Moode rotary control at 100 and the same in Alsamixer.

Hi There,
    I've just gone with my usual configuration
    Alsa volume to 96 and volume control to disabled.
    Seems to be working really well with the new kernel.

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Josie.

Thanks Alistair.

I'll give it a go.

Is there a way of showing the output stream information on the playback screen? I'm sure once I had it showing it, unless that was Volumio.

Not important, just for giggles really.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast