+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

Moode supports Raspberry Pi family of boards and Raspbian OS.

-Tim
    Hi Tim,

No worries, I've ditched the Sparky and fitted the Kali Reclocker and Piano 2.1 DAC to my Pi and using MoOde it's sounding excellent.

I'm Al.

Default Basic Question

Hope you guys don't mind me asking a question that might have been answered before but I have just found this thread on what to me is a new software and have not yet read all the posts Previously been using Volumio but would love to try this.

I have currently an RPI with I2s into a home built DDAC (from Diyaudi dot com forum). I have Ethernet into the RPI and an external USB drive as the music source. Is anyone using such a set up with Moode?

Thanks.

I'm Al.

Well, I'm answering myself as I have made some progress

I have Moode installed and working on the RPI. Have yet to hear any music as I'm trying to find the correct I2S driver for the DDDAC. Moode can read my NAS but not the USB drive plugged into the RPI, don't know why it can't read it as it did work using Volumio.

I'm Grant.

What is2 did you use with volumio? Or didnt you. Try hiberry and the plus version, and iq and plus versions. Then audiophonics ones. They are the main ones as far as i know. Not heard of that dac sorry. Usb sticks can be funny ive found. Some need to be formatted correctly.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce978 View Post
    Well, I'm answering myself as I have made some progress

I have Moode installed and working on the RPI. Have yet to hear any music as I'm trying to find the correct I2S driver for the DDDAC. Moode can read my NAS but not the USB drive plugged into the RPI, don't know why it can't read it as it did work using Volumio.
    Hi,

To troubleshoot USB issue try the following:

A) Verify the USB drive has auto-mounted by its disk label

1) ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
    2) ls -l /media
    3) The USB drive should appear under /media as a folder whose name is same as the disk label assigned to the USB drive

B) Examine MPD log after running UPDATE MPD DB from the Sources screen

1) System config: clear system logs
    2) Sources: UPDATE MPD DB
    3) ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
    4) cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log
    5) Examine the log for errors, particularly permission errors

As far as the DDDAC goes, usually one of the two Generic I2S drivers in the dropdown list will work. Generic-1 loads the hifiberry-dac driver and Generic-2 loads the rpi-dac driver.

What I2S driver does the manufacturer specify for the device?

-Tim

I'm Al.

Tim, Thanks for the reply. I'll get back in a few days after I find out how to use SSH

The DDDAC is a DIY project on Diyaudio.com that is huge and has a massive thread, but I have not found anything that specifies an I2s driver for the DAC. I did get it working on Volumio some time ago using AFAIK the hifi-berry driver. I will try all combinations after following your advice

I'm Al.

Default Success

Have succesfully connected the NAS box to Moode and configured the I2s driver which for the DAC chip (1794A) and it sounds really superb, thanks to Tim for a very nice interface, including some great Radio Stations

The USB drive was actually a back up of some music from the NAS and is not recognised by Moode. I did access the log but could see no errors, just a nic elist fo the music being added to the Db. I'll reformat the drive and add some music and retry.

Just one question, how to add playlists? I canlt find a way to create a new one?

I'm Al.

Default Success

Have succesfully connected the NAS box to Moode and configured the I2s driver which supports the DAC chip (1794A). It sounds really superb, thanks to Tim for a very nice interface, including some great Radio Stations

The USB drive was actually a back up of some music from the NAS and is not recognised by Moode. I did access the log but could see no errors, just a nice list of the music being added to the Db. I'll reformat the drive and add some music and retry.

Just one question, how to add playlists? I can't find a way to create a new one?

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce978 View Post
    Have succesfully connected the NAS box to Moode and configured the I2s driver which supports the DAC chip (1794A). It sounds really superb, thanks to Tim for a very nice interface, including some great Radio Stations

The USB drive was actually a back up of some music from the NAS and is not recognised by Moode. I did access the log but could see no errors, just a nice list of the music being added to the Db. I'll reformat the drive and add some music and retry.

Just one question, how to add playlists? I can't find a way to create a new one?
    Hi, Glad to hear that :-)

Which I2S driver did you end up selecting?

Click the \/ icon in the upper left of Playback screen an a "Save playlist" input field will appear at the bottom. Saved playlists appear in the Browse panel.

Wrt USB drive please post the following and I'll take a look.

1) ls -l /media
    2) snippet of mpd log showing tracks being successfully added

-Tim

I'm Al.

Thanks for the info Tim,

I used the Generic RPI as I saw in the Audio info screen that it supports the 1794 chip (see attached) Could be imagination but I'll swear that driver has produced more detail than I have heard before using other software players.

I'll plug the USB back in tomorrow if I can and see what the log shows. The Tracks successfully added where from the NAS and not the USB.Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 23.44.00.jpg

I'm a happy camper with much music to audition through this set up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast