+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 2.6 2016-07-10 update is available.

READ CAREFULLY

1) This update can take several minutes to complete due to components that are downloaded and installed from Jessie repo. After pressing INSTALL, if the message "Software update complete, Reboot required" appears almost immediately, just ignore it and wait 3-5 minutes. There is bug in Worker that prevents System config screen from auto-waiting before displaying the completion message. The bug is fixed in this update.

The update process can be monitored by ssh TOP to determine when its ok to reboot. Look for apt-get and mandb running. When they are both finished and no longer appear in list, its safe to reboot.

2) This update provide new radio stations, logos and other settings via in-place SQL updating. After rebooting, select "Update this folder" for RADIO or alternativly run UPDATE MPD DB from the Source config screen so the new stations appear in the RADIO list.

3) PHP/NGINX Interprocess Communications (IPC) are updated to use fast UNIX socket instead of slower Network stack. PHP session handling is updated to use fast memory cache instead of slower disk files.

4) New settings in System config, Peripherals section for Keyboard and Layout codes compliments of coding by Richard Parslow.

5) One of the updates installs html files that revert the knob colors to Emerald. Use Customize to set another color, then back to your favorite color, then refresh.

6) The wonderful Crossfeed DSP plugin is included in this update. IMPORTANT: To establish Crossfeed/MPD outputs its necessary to perform the steps below after the system has been rebooted.

6a) MPD config, APPLY
    6b) System config, set Crossfeed DSP to 725 Hz 4.5 dB then set it back to disabled.
    6c) The config can be verified by running the cmd below

pi@moode:~ $ mpc outputs
    Output 1 (ALSA default) is enabled
    Output 2 (ALSA crossfeed) is disabled
    pi@moode:~ $

Finally, it's always a good idea to BACKUP the SD Card before installing updates :-)

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Tim

Package content

NEW: In-place software updater
    NEW: Cache PHP session data using memcache
    NEW: Sys config settings for kbd and layout
    NEW: Restart.sh script for reboot/poweroff
    NEW: Crossfeed DSP for headphone listening
    NEW: AddictedToRadio - Quiet Storm
    NEW: Buddah Radio
    NEW: Positivly Baroque

UPD: Zen FM stream link to mp3
    UPD: Improved watchdog monitoring
    UPD: Change MPD socket connection to use debugLog()
    UPD: Clean up wording on Net config and Restart screens
    UPD: Add 32/176.4, 32/352.8 sample rates to SoX list
    UPD: Bump NGINX fastcgi_read_timeout
    UPD: Use UNIX socket for PHP/NGINX interprocess comms
    UPD: Add update package date to Moode log and About
    UPD: Clean up wording on MPD config screen
    UPD: Add capability to install test updates

FIX: Remove circular symlinks in /mnt for NAS and SDCARD
    FIX: Playback panel toolbar not visible on iPad Mini
    FIX: DHCP addr being assigned when eth0 set to static addr
    FIX: Fail to get cover art embedded in AIFF format
    FIX: Wrong encodedAT rate displayed for UPnP files
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

Ive not tried any updates for 2.6.... Just happy it works.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi George,

Moode 2.6 supports Access Point (AP) mode whereby it provides its own WiFI network. You can connect to SSID named "moode" directly, no Router required. Information on AP mode is in the Moode 2.6 Setup guide available at moodeaudio.org

Regards,
    Tim
    Hi Tim - I tried this this weekend with no luck. I hooked up via Ethernet then set up wireless. Then I entered the SSID and password per the set up guide in the AP section of the config page. Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help.

George

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticmood View Post
    Hi Tim - I tried this this weekend with no luck. I hooked up via Ethernet then set up wireless. Then I entered the SSID and password per the set up guide in the AP section of the config page. Am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help.

George
    Hi George,

AP mode is activated when there is no SSID for wlan0. Leave the AP mode SSID and password set to defaults of SSID=moode and password=moodeaudio, then boot up without an ethernet cable connected. After a few minutes, from your client computer, tablet or smartphone, open its WiFi settings and connect to the network named "moode" and enter password=moodeaudio. Finally, open a Browser on the client and enter http://moode.local

-Tim

I'm George.

Hi George,

AP mode is activated when there is no SSID for wlan0. Leave the AP mode SSID and password set to defaults of SSID=moode and password=moodeaudio, then boot up without an ethernet cable connected. After a few minutes, from your client computer, tablet or smartphone, open its WiFi settings and connect to the network named "moode" and enter password=moodeaudio. Finally, open a Browser on the client and enter http://moode.local

-Tim
    Thanks. I probably don't have the proper wi-fi dongle. Has anyone done this or have a recommendation for a wi-fi nano usb that definitely supports AP mode?

Thanks all.

I'm Tim.

Thanks. I probably don't have the proper wi-fi dongle. Has anyone done this or have a recommendation for a wi-fi nano usb that definitely supports AP mode?

Thanks all.
    Hi,

Moode Setup guide has a list of AP mode compatible WiFi adapters.

-Tim

I'm Josie.

Quick question here.

I've just installed 2.7. I can't remember which setting I need to use for the volume. Disabled or Hardware? I would like to control my volume via Alsamixer as before.

Are there any other settings I need to know about in respects of sonics, if any? Also, what do you guys have the up-sampling set to?

Thanks
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Tim.

Hi,

As the next Moode 2.6 update nears completion I'd like to mention that one of the new features is support for the Meridian Explorer 2 DAC including its hardware volume controller and MQA audio CODEC :-)

This means that audio files encoded using MQA and MQA Studio format can be played using this DAC. Other audio devices that support MQA format may also work.

Many thanks to user MSimon for spending the time to work through the code changes to enable this exciting new capability.

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm George.

Hi,

Moode Setup guide has a list of AP mode compatible WiFi adapters.

-Tim
    Got the proper dongle and logged in with no problem - pretty cool. My next hurdle is that I plugged in the USB drive but when I update the mpd database nothing shows up. Does the music have to be in the root directory? Right now I have a directory called music with two subdirectories "flac" and "mpg". The harddrive is a western digital my passport and works fine as a NAS drive. Any suggestions?

I'm Tim.

Got the proper dongle and logged in with no problem - pretty cool. My next hurdle is that I plugged in the USB drive but when I update the mpd database nothing shows up. Does the music have to be in the root directory? Right now I have a directory called music with two subdirectories "flac" and "mpg". The harddrive is a western digital my passport and works fine as a NAS drive. Any suggestions?
    Hi,

Couple questions:

1) For the symptom "...nothing shows up" do u mean the Library screen is empty?
    2) Is the drive powered externally or does it get power from the USB port?

Music can be in subfolders.

-Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast