+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Rob.

Tim

A couple of things - after backing up the SSD and restarting Moode, I can't find it by its DNS name from a Mac on the network. I can access it via its IP address however. Any ideas why it might have lost its DNS name (moode) and how to rectify it?

Secondly, I installed and ran the updater. However, clicking Check for Updates tells me it's up to date and it won't find and install your latest Moode 2.6 2016-06-27 update

About shows: Release: 2.6 2016-06-07

Again, any thoughts / ideas?

Cheers

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Tim

A couple of things - after backing up the SSD and restarting Moode, I can't find it by its DNS name from a Mac on the network. I can access it via its IP address however. Any ideas why it might have lost its DNS name (moode) and how to rectify it?

Secondly, I installed and ran the updater. However, clicking Check for Updates tells me it's up to date and it won't find and install your latest Moode 2.6 2016-06-27 update

About shows: Release: 2.6 2016-06-07

Again, any thoughts / ideas?

Cheers

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Odd.

1) sudo rm /var/www/update.r26.txt

2) System config, CHECK for software update

This should list the 2016-06-27 package

3) INSTALL and then wait a few minutes or check ssh TOP to verify that apt-get and mandb no longer appear in the list.

4) reboot

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Rob.

Tim

Deleting the update-r26.txt file makes it find the new update file which is named 2016-06-27. Running the Install, waiting and rebooting all appears to work, but the About says 2016-06-07 again and the new radio stations aren't in the list. All very odd. Repeated it a couple of times
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Tim.

Hi Rob,

Could be stale Browser cache.

Attached are screen shots of About and Moode log after installing the 06-27 update. Remember to run "Update this folder" for the RADIO folder, or UPDATE MPD DB from Sources screen to get the new radio stations.

Release: 2.6 2016-06-07
    Update: (2016-06-27)

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Rob.

Ah OK - it had worked. I'd not updated the Radio folder

Thanks Tim!

Just need to figure out how to get the DNS name back now

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Ah OK - it had worked. I'd not updated the Radio folder

Thanks Tim!

Just need to figure out how to get the DNS name back now
    Hi Rob,

DNS issues are always on the server side. Reboot the Router ;-)

-Tim

I'm George.

Default Mobile use

I've heard several folks using this hardware / software combination in their car and I'd like to try it.
    I'm not sure how to connect to the pi however without a wifi network.
    Can anyone walk me through this?

Thanks,

George

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticmood View Post
    I've heard several folks using this hardware / software combination in their car and I'd like to try it.
    I'm not sure how to connect to the pi however without a wifi network.
    Can anyone walk me through this?

Thanks,

George
    Hi George,

Moode 2.6 supports Access Point (AP) mode whereby it provides its own WiFI network. You can connect to SSID named "moode" directly, no Router required. Information on AP mode is in the Moode 2.6 Setup guide available at moodeaudio.org

Regards,
    Tim

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi George,

Moode 2.6 supports Access Point (AP) mode whereby it provides its own WiFI network. You can connect to SSID named "moode" directly, no Router required. Information on AP mode is in the Moode 2.6 Setup guide available at moodeaudio.org

Regards
    Tim
    Thanks Tim - one question, is it either or? In other words if I set up with AP mode does that mean I can't use The Ethernet connection If I choose?

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticmood View Post
    Thanks Tim - one question, is it either or? In other words if I set up with AP mode does that mean I can't use The Ethernet connection If I choose?
    Hi George,

AP mode has some settings on Network config screen but it does not have a start/stop setting. It starts automatically when the two conditions listed below are met, and yes you can use Ethernet even when AP mode is active :-)

1) A WiFi adapter is present and it supports AP mode
    2) An SSID has NOT been configured for wlan0 in the Network config screen

Regards,
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast