IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2 & I.SABRE DAC running MOODE 2.7-CHROMECAST2 AUDIO x2. - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1. - PIONEER 717 & MODDED MF X10v3. - PROART AMP/BERESFORD TC-7240 SWITCHBOX. - WIN10 JRIVER21, AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC & CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE, POWERED BY LINEAR AND BATTERY PSU's - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.
Airplay is great for listening to Spotify or the likes from your iPad via moode on your pi.
It turns out I had to name the router in the Source field. Previously (with Volumio) I used whatever I wanted in that field. My router is named Red-State (no offense to anyone intended)... I entered that - entered in all the rest including name and password and I'm in!
Really like the sound improvement with the driver made for my DAC.
Now I'm ready to try to set up the unit a built for a friend. He has a different brand of router . so this should be fun LOL.
I'm glad its working :-) but there definitely is no relationship whatsoever between what is entered in the Source field and what a particular Router might be named. The entry in the Source field is simply used as the folder name that is created under /mnt/NAS to serve as the mount point. This name shows up under the NAS folder in the Browse panel.
The source names that I use most often are Music and Test.
I'm not sure why the NAS mounts were failing for you, but if it happens again send email to me and I'll help troubleshoot.
Moode 2.6 Test Release 3 (TR3) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.
This TR adds two really nice features, True random play and Audio scrobbler :-)
Like the previous test releases, TR3 includes support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 and is built on moodeOS 1.0 the new J-Lite based operating system for Moode Audio Player. Features included in TR3 are listed below. Refer to the release notes for the complete list.
- NEW: Support for Raspberry Pi 3
- NEW: moodeOS 1.0 J-Lite factored for Moode Audio Player
- NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode
- NEW: True random play for a continuous stream of music
- NEW: Airplay metadata and cover art
- NEW: Audio scrobbler service for Last.FM
- NEW: USB storage devices auto-mounted by disk label
- NEW: Network configuration system
- NEW: Auto-configuration system
- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.4.8
- UPD: MPD custom compiled version 0.19.15
- UPD: WiringPi compiled version 2.32
1) Fixes to bugs reported for TR1:
- FIX: NFS mount fails because rpcbind not enabled at boot
- FIX: Ext4 file system fails to auto-mount
- FIX: Channel swap can occur when Pi 3 + I2S + 16 bit audio
2) Moode users have reported the following adapters work in AP mode.
- Raspberry Pi 3 integrated WiFi adapter
- Canakit WiFi Adapter
- Raspberry Pi USB WiFi Dongle
- WiFi adapters based on RTL RT5370 chipset
3) Console login userid=pi, password=raspberry. Preface all cmds with sudo.
4) I'm specifically looking for feedback on whether BBC 320K HLS radio streams can be played by MPD 0.19.15 as has been suggested.
Be sure to read the updated Setup instructions to learn how to make use of new capabilities. The (i) help text in Moode itself provides additionl explanation of features.
Several confirmations have been received that BBC 320K HLS streams are working in Moode 2.6 TR3 :-)