+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren66 View Post
    Thanks Barry,just didn't want to damage anything. Will have a play around. What does the salsa volume do.
    Basicly there are 3 volume settings in alsamixer, the first two in moode 2.3 are set to on my default (you can turn them off if you have too much gain) the 3rd is like a master volume control, if moode volume is set to hardware the master volume is controlled from within moode, if moode volume is set to disabled the master volume is fixed and the volume controlled by the amp.

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Basicly there are 3 volume settings in alsamixer, the first two in moode 2.3 are set to on my default (you can turn them off if you have too much gain) the 3rd is like a master volume control, if moode volume is set to hardware the master volume is controlled from within moode, if moode volume is set to disabled the master volume is fixed and the volume controlled by the amp.
    Thanks Barry had a quick use of both. Will stick with disabled and use the amp for volume control for now.
    I did mean alsa not salsa.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren66 View Post
    Thanks Barry had a quick use of both. Will stick with disabled and use the amp for volume control for now.
    I did mean alsa not salsa.
    Hi Darren,

to get the best audio output from the Pi/DAC, you need to set MoOde to HARDWARE volume control and set the volume to 86 as a start point as this is 0db gain, you can adjust this up or down from within MoOde or by using Alsamixer via Putty or similar using your Pi's IP address.

If you do it within MoOde remember to save/refresh the settings.

As I say 86 is 0db, and you can increase or decrease to suit your ears/system as you like. It really does make a difference, and 86 is right for my amp etc. This still gives you the volume control via your amp, although for some reason using my iPad I can control the volume if I Airplay any music to the Pi, otherwise the amp is in total control. Don't use software volume control within MoOde or any other renderer for that matter ( Volumio/RuneAudio/PiCoreplayer) as its rubbish.

This image shows the Digital Output setting I have using Putty to gain access to Alsamixer and confirms that MoOde is set to 86 and 0 gain.

These show the settings within MoOde

Mike.

I'm Barry.

Hi Mike, I think when using airplay from your ipad via moode you are then using a software volume control. I have checked via alsamixer and any vouilme control from the ipad (spotify, ipeng etc) does not alter the digital volume control in alsamixer, it remains fixed.

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Hi Darren,

to get the best audio output from the Pi/DAC, you need to set MoOde to HARDWARE volume control and set the volume to 86 as a start point as this is 0db gain, you can adjust this up or down from within MoOde or by using Alsamixer via Putty or similar using your Pi's IP address.

If you do it within MoOde remember to save/refresh the settings.

As I say 86 is 0db, and you can increase or decrease to suit your ears/system as you like. It really does make a difference, and 86 is right for my amp etc. This still gives you the volume control via your amp, although for some reason using my iPad I can control the volume if I Airplay any music to the Pi, otherwise the amp is in total control. Don't use software volume control within MoOde or any other renderer for that matter ( Volumio/RuneAudio/PiCoreplayer) as its rubbish.

This image shows the Digital Output setting I have using Putty to gain access to Alsamixer and confirms that MoOde is set to 86 and 0 gain.

These show the settings within MoOde

Mike.
    Thanks for explaining that Mike will give it a go.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Hi Darren,

to get the best audio output from the Pi/DAC, you need to set MoOde to HARDWARE volume control and set the volume to 86 as a start point as this is 0db gain,
    Apparently all is not as it once was - see the post from Gordon@IQ (first one on page 3) it confused me but maybe you can make sense of it:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...r-layout/page3

I'm Steve.

Could do with a bit of Moode help!
    Just set up pi and IQaudio dac, all fairly smooth, and thanks to posts here, enough guidelines to get it working straight off.
    Just one thing, it's found my Qnap nas - and the flac folder where my music is.
    The problem is missing artists. Where have Leonard Cohen and David Byrne gone?
    Any tips ?
    Cheers
    Steve

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    The problem is missing artists. Where have Leonard Cohen and David Byrne gone?
    You will probably find them in the pub.
    :-)

I'm Steve.

Arf..

I'm Grant.

Any possibility they are there but been colated under a different title by the pi ?
    Last edited by struth; 26-09-2015 at 11:32.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast