+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Just a general question on Moode.

I can see that updates bring about changes to functionality, but do they also improve sound quality. If so can someone highlight the recent changes and their improvement to SQ.
    Hi,

From a technical perspective the audio pipeline in Moode software is bit-perfect unless digital signal processing (DSP) is applied for example volume or resampling. Certain MPD codecs will zero-pad the bit depth to 24 or 32 bits but this does not alter the original bits in any way and thus maintains bit-perfect samples in the pipeline.

As far as sound quality goes, Moode users have expressed preferences for many different configurations. Some prefer no resampling while others resample to a specific rate. Some users disable MPD volume control and use an external analog volume control while others prefer MPD Software or Hardware volume control. Some users that have PCM5122 based DAC's make use of settings on the Customize screen for Interpolation filter, Analog volume and Analog volume boost.

Are u using Moode with your audio system? I'd be interested in any feedback you have on SQ :-)

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Here are a few more screen shots of Moode 2.6 as it nears completion :-)

The Access Point (AP) mode settings have been moved to Network config and there is a new setting on System config for Airplay Metadata. I also included a screen shot of some debug logging for the new Airplay metadata feature.

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

The Access Point (AP) mode settings have been moved to Network config and there is a new setting on System config for Airplay Metadata. I also included a screen shot of some debug logging for the new Airplay metadata feature.

Regards,
    Tim
    Just coming back to you again.

Please, any chance you can help me out to make the power button work and the OLED.
    I believe the original lines needs a little adjustments but I am pretty lost. Code is not my best friend.
    I have tried on my own but I just messing around few hours and nothing seems to work

I'm rupert.

Hi,

Regards,
    Tim
    Hi Tim, thank's for the update. Looking forward to 2.6 all the best.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    Just coming back to you again.

Please, any chance you can help me out to make the power button work and the OLED.
    I believe the original lines needs a little adjustments but I am pretty lost. Code is not my best friend.
    I have tried on my own but I just messing around few hours and nothing seems to work
    Hi Richard,

I wish I could help but I don't have any experience integrating either an LCD or Pwr button into Moode, both of which require custom software/drivers and config for operation. As I recall there were some users in diyAudio Moode thread that have done LCD so possibly searching the thread can help, or maybe post in a forum that provides support for the particular enclosure that you have.

As I mentioned in earlier post, Moode supports LCD panels by providing two key components (1) the enhanced metadata from the UI in a file (currentsong.txt) and (2) an event loop (LCD Updater Engine) that executes a user written Python script.

User still has to wire up their particular LCD, install and configure its driver/software then write a Python script to read/parse currentsong.txt file and write the data to the LCD panel.

I've simplified LCD integration a bit but not to the point where drivers, configs and Python scripts are built into Moode for various panels. Maybe someday :-)

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Richard.

Hi Richard,

I wish I could help but I don't have any experience integrating either an LCD or Pwr button into Moode, both of which require custom software/drivers and config for operation. As I recall there were some users in diyAudio Moode thread that have done LCD so possibly searching the thread can help, or maybe post in a forum that provides support for the particular enclosure that you have.

As I mentioned in earlier post, Moode supports LCD panels by providing two key components (1) the enhanced metadata from the UI in a file (currentsong.txt) and (2) an event loop (LCD Updater Engine) that executes a user written Python script.

User still has to wire up their particular LCD, install and configure its driver/software then write a Python script to read/parse currentsong.txt file and write the data to the LCD panel.

I've simplified LCD integration a bit but not to the point where drivers, configs and Python scripts are built into Moode for various panels. Maybe someday :-)

Regards,
    Tim
    Hi Tim.
    Thank you for reply. Will have a look at it in other forum but it looks like long run...

OP2

I'm George.

Default Trouble mounting NAS drives

I am running 2.5 on two different setups both RPI 2 one with duriosound dual mono and one with Hifiberry DAC + pro.

I switched from Volumio. I've tried a dozen times and a dozen variations but can't map my NAS drives.

They show through my computer and through FTP but when trying to mount them through the GUI. On my iPad or iPhone nothing but a red x.

I've read somewhere that the Western Digitial passport drives might be the problem?
    An IT expert friend tells me it might be an issue with the router (Linksys WRT 1900 AC)

Can someone tell me where to go to trouble shoot this? I have limited Linux skills but can SSH into the pi to make changes if that will help.

Thanks,

George

I'm rupert.

could it be the path to the ressource (i.e. the folder containing the music files) ? it is sometimes quite long and sometimes has to be proceeded by a "/" and looks something like "music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Music" for instance.

I'm using a Synology NAS so maybe not the same ... note: the IP address can be found in the DHCP table of your router if you are not sure.

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    could it be the path to the ressource (i.e. the folder containing the music files) ? it is sometimes quite long and sometimes has to be proceeded by a "/" and looks something like "music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Music" for instance.

I'm using a Synology NAS so maybe not the same ... note: the IP address can be found in the DHCP table of your router if you are not sure.

Thanks - I've got the right IP address and the music files are one below the root.

I'm rupert.

ah, yes. what does the error message from Moode say ? To anwser my own question it says this when it cannot mount the share. Maybe try experiementing a little with the "/" in the path name.

Last mount error
    Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast