+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Tim. just reloaded and its all back. network was never down just showing no nas files then suddenly here they are on a reboot.
    So that looks good.
    BUT..... no audio output now..Aaaaaaagh track is playing, timer going round, volume at 7, headphones connected to Pi B+ port.... any simple thing I have missed? worked well before.
    Hi Chris,

What DAC are u using?

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Chris.

No DAC (yet) plugged in to Pi

I'm Tim.

No DAC (yet) plugged in to Pi
    Hi Chris,

I would do a couple of things:

(1) On MPD config screen verify
    (a) Audio output = "On-board audio device"
    (b) Volume control = "Software"
    (2) Press APPLY

(3) On System config screen verify that ALSA volume = 100%

Btw, the above settings are the default settings for a clean Moode install.

If above settings are OK then turn volume up till you hear something. I rarely test the on-board sound chip because SQ is so bad but I recall having to turn volume to at lease 50 before any sound output.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Chris.

MPD settings were set to as you suggest, applied anyway,
    Sys config vole = ALSA -100% ,yes.
    The playback dial is set to 88% volume, still no sound
    Any other settings to consider?

I'm Chris.

Just to clarify, this is not my intended listening set up!( Headphones via the PI) this is just to get the hang of the component parts, I will add a DAC later probably IQ Audio, and feed to a T-Amp.
    I have to learn to stumble before walking, maybe break into a light trot sometime in the future......................

I'm Chris.

Tim.
    just remounted the saved NAS mount tried again and have audio!!!! Probably nothing wrong with the player, just me............

I'm Grant.

Sometimes thats theanswer.. Rebooting things
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Yup, it seems work often enough to be a fallback solution..............Tried Volumio first, thne Moode, leaning toward Moode player now.at least more bits on screen to fiddle with.
    I have set the timezone to Greenwich , as to what the benefits of that might be are unclear.
    Now on with the masterplan, which will inevitably be far from anguish free but hopefully worthwhile.Not seen what I intend on any forums, but no doubt it or similar will be, somewhere.

Many thanks for your attention Tim, much appreciated and reassuring that you are about on such occasions.
    Last edited by stree; 22-02-2016 at 17:35.

I'm Tim.

Yup, it seems work often enough to be a fallback solution..............Tried Volumio first, thne Moode, leaning toward Moode player now.at least more bits on screen to fiddle with.
    I have set the timezone to Greenwich , as to what the benefits of that might be are unclear.
    Now on with the masterplan, which will inevitably be far from anguish free but hopefully worthwhile.Not seen what I intend on any forums, but no doubt it or similar will be, somewhere.

Many thanks for your attention Tim, much appreciated and reassuring that you are about on such occasions.
    Hi,

Glad u got things working :-)

Might want to consider IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ instead of DAC --> T-AMP. The Pi-AMP+ is fully integrated DAC+AMP solution. I have one connected to HSU Research STF-2 subwoofer and KEF Q60 mains :-)

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Alistair.

So much for me trying to help Struth with advice, NAS has yet again vanished on Moode. remounted it, refreshed it, rebooted and anything else I can think of but NAS refuses to appear. I know it is there because if I search with the internal search box it lists all the NAS contents .................
    Any clues please?
    Hi there,
    I find this happens occasionally if the NAS has put the drives to sleep and MoOde isn't able to "waken" them again.
    My solution is to waken the drives via file explorer on the PC before I start MoOde.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Alistair

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast