+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligauld View Post
    Hi There Grant,
    Just tested on my Xperia z3 and working perfectly.

Cheers,
    Alistair
    Thanks Alistair... Think i will reimage and try again
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ok got it working. Yay!!!

Whats the vilume settings etc..the print out doesnt mention them at all.... It was initially so quiet i could hardly hear-it...ive set it to max but sure thatswrong although it sounds ok lol

Using sabre and on software
    Last edited by struth; 08-01-2016 at 12:05.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Another problem tim... On my ipad when i select a album and touch box at right i dont get the dialogue box for add play etc.. I do on my android tablet. Quite odd
    The selection just goes to the thyme colur but no box opens
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Felipe.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Alistair,

Yes normal however ALSAMIXER uses a strange hybrid scale that is neither %, absolute level or dB so I never use that scale as reference. The amixer command displays the real % scale.

In any case, the Hifiberry devices clip at volume % >81 so its important to not only set MPD volume control to "Hardware" and Logarithmic curve to "Yes" but also Max volume % to 81. These settings will provide a nice smooth logarithmic curve in the 0-50 knob range and will prevent clipping at knob settings 81 -100.

Regards,
    Tim

Hi Tim, is this the same for the Audiophonics Sabre v2 dac? I'm currently using Software Volume control and I can adjust it in the volume wheel in the Now Playing tab, this way I do not have to mess with the amp's volume control. Is this the correct way of doing it for max sound quality or I should be doing it any other way? Thanks

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Xapito View Post
    Hi Tim, is this the same for the Audiophonics Sabre v2 dac? I'm currently using Software Volume control and I can adjust it in the volume wheel in the Now Playing tab, this way I do not have to mess with the amp's volume control. Is this the correct way of doing it for max sound quality or I should be doing it any other way? Thanks
    Hi Felipe,

The Audiophonics Sabre DAC does not have onboard hardware volume controller so MPD volume control should be set to "Software". This setting uses MPD's high quality 32 bit w/dither volume control algorithm which provides a logarithmic curve. It should work very nicely :-)

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Felipe.

Sorry, forgot to come here to thank you for your reply. Listening to it right now, always impressed with this solution!! cheers.

I'm Rob.

Hi Tim

An SD card corruption yesterday on my Pi provided me with the perfect excuse to try out your new 2.5 TR1 test release. Suffice to say it all appears to be working perfectly for me - great job!

By the way, for others who, like me, use Macs and OS X, I'd recommend trying out the ApplePi Baker utility. I used it to not only re-flash my Pi's SD card with Tim's new IMG file, I also used it to back up my SD card after I'd configured Moode for my use. Very easy and intuitive to use and seems to work very well with El Capitain on my Mac Mini. Details here:

http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware...pple-pi-baker/

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Hi Tim

An SD card corruption yesterday on my Pi provided me with the perfect excuse to try out your new 2.5 TR1 test release. Suffice to say it all appears to be working perfectly for me - great job!

By the way, for others who, like me, use Macs and OS X, I'd recommend trying out the ApplePi Baker utility. I used it to not only re-flash my Pi's SD card with Tim's new IMG file, I also used it to back up my SD card after I'd configured Moode for my use. Very easy and intuitive to use and seems to work very well with El Capitain on my Mac Mini. Details here:

http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware...pple-pi-baker/

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks so much for the info on ApplePi-Baker :-) Finally we have a solid image writer for Mac and very easy to use. I'll definitely be recommending this!

Btw, a couple of weeks ago I upgraded my Air to ElCap and am noticing better performance overall, solid Airplay function in both iTunes and OS X to my test Pi's, and a vastly improved Finder.

Finder is much more robust now especially with regard to reconnecting CIFS shares after resuming from sleep. Props to the Apple dev who improved Finder!

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Grant.

Something ive been meaning to ask is ...is it possible to get moode to just randomly pick tracks from you library ?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Something ive been meaning to ask is ...is it possible to get moode to just randomly pick tracks from you library ?
    Hi Grant,

(1) Menu, Customize: set "Display playlist" to "No"
    (2) Browse panel: select NAS or USB and add your entire collection to the playlist
    (3) Playback panel: click "Random", the 2nd icon on the button bar beneath the volume knob

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast