+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

Just a brief update.

As part of the 2.5 codebase rewrite there are new smart reboot/poweroff screens. Both screens include a reconnect button and the reboot screen includes a boot-ready ticker that indicates when the reboot is complete :-)

Regards,
    Tim
    Cool... sounds like it's coming on a treat!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Tim.

Hi, i2s support for Soekris DAM1021 R2R DAC will be included in Moode 2.5+ :-) Thanks Daniel for testing and for the solution!

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 2.5+ (Jan 2016) will include an API guide, working on a test release for end of Dec :-)

The interface for external apps is as follows:

(1) Enhanced metadata that appears on the UI including the coverart url for song files and radio stations is written to /var/www/currentsong.txt. For example:

artist: Joe Sample
    album: Old Places Old Faces
    title: Miles Of Blues
    coverurl: /coverart.php/NAS%2FMusic%2FJoe%20Sample%2FOld%20Places%20Old%20 Faces%2F09%20Miles%20Of%20Blues.m4a

(2) Moode System config setting to enable an inotifywait script that runs a user created Python or other script when currentsong.txt changes. This is strictly for LCD panels. If touchscreen is being used and and input is being accepted then the Python script itself has to perform the event loop and currentsong.txt change detection, inotifywait cannot be used.

while inotifywait -e close_write /var/www/currentsong.txt;
    do "run the Python script that updates the LCD"
    done > /dev/null 2>&1 &

(3) SQLite interface to Moode for reading any of the settings. For example:

- get all settings:
    sqlite3 /var/www/db/player.db "select param, value from cfg_engine;"

- get Airplay receiver on/off setting
    sqlite3 /var/www/db/player.db "select value from cfg_engine where param='shairport';"

- get volume knob setting
    sqlite3 /var/www/db/player.db "select value from cfg_engine where param='volknob';"

(5) Volume and mute can be controlled via /var/www/vol.sh locally or via Browser "http://moode/command?cmd=vol.sh <args>". Vol.sh is a complete interface to the volume mapping logic Moode uses to provide logarithmic volume curve, it handles configs with and without hardware volume controllers, and it updates the UI for example:

/var/www/vol.sh -get volume knob setting
    /var/www/vol.sh 45 -set volume to 45
    /var/www/vol.sh dn 5 -set volume down by 5
    /var/www/vol.sh mute -toggle mute state

(6) MPD state can be obtained using MPC command for example:

root@rp4:~# mpc status
    Joe Sample - Miles Of Blues
    [playing] #1474/3483 0:24/6:05 (6%)
    volume: 72% repeat: off random: off single: off consume: off

Enjoy the holidays !

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Wayne.

Default More Help Please Tim

Hi Tim,

Couple of problems I hope you can help me out with please...

1, I have been using moode with a NAS drive up until recently when it gave up. I've got a 1TB usb hard drive which I would like to use as my primary library.
    I have it attached to a powered usb hub but moode fails to recognise it. The usb drive is recognised when I connect it directly to the pi but I get a ticking noise from the drive which I assume is a power problem (Also have a usb dac connected). The drive works fine on a windows pc so I know its not failing.

2, Once I have the usb drive figured out, I would like to be able to give it a samba share so my macbook pro can access the usb drive files as well. Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Wayne

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Bull View Post
    Hi Tim,

Couple of problems I hope you can help me out with please...

1, I have been using moode with a NAS drive up until recently when it gave up. I've got a 1TB usb hard drive which I would like to use as my primary library.
    I have it attached to a powered usb hub but moode fails to recognise it. The usb drive is recognised when I connect it directly to the pi but I get a ticking noise from the drive which I assume is a power problem (Also have a usb dac connected). The drive works fine on a windows pc so I know its not failing.

2, Once I have the usb drive figured out, I would like to be able to give it a samba share so my macbook pro can access the usb drive files as well. Is this possible?

Many Thanks

Wayne
    Hi Wayne,

What model USB HDD?

Try turning on "Max USB current 2x" setting in Moode System config. This doubles the amperage to the USB bus. Plug the drive directly into Pi and let me know result.

Once the drive is working u can access the Moode Samba USB share from Mac in the following two ways:

(1) Finder, sidebar, Shared, All, then dblclick Moode
    (2) Finder, Go, Connect to server... cifs://moode/USB

Regards,
    Tim
    Last edited by TimCurtis; 28-12-2015 at 01:53. Reason: eta

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Wayne,

What model USB HDD?

Try turning on "Max USB current 2x" setting in Moode System config. This doubles the amperage to the USB bus. Plug the drive directly into Pi and let me know result.

Once the drive is working u can access the Moode Samba USB share from Mac in the following two ways:

(1) Finder, sidebar, Shared, All, then dblclick Moode
    (2) Finder, Go, Connect to server... cifs://moode/USB

Regards,
    Tim
    Hi Tim,

Its a Toshiba DTB310 1tb USB Hard Drive.
    Thanks for the assistance

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Moode 2.5+ Test Release 1 (TR1) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button :-)

This TR represents a substantial rewrite of the entire 2.x codebase including the addition of some Moode 3.0 code thus the "+" after the version number. Testing has indicated a significant performance increase across the entire UI, faster boot and reliable USB hotplug for audio and storage devices resulting in a big improvement in ease of use.

The enhanced metadata that appears on the UI is all server-generated, volume config is automated when hardware volume controller is detected, there are new, smart poweroff and reboot screens that make it easy to reconnect to the UI and all the config screens have been streamlined.

Refer to the updated Setup guide for the new initial setup procedure. Links to the guide are located in Moode About popup and under TEST CODE.

Release notes are attached.

Enjoy!

Regards,
    moodeaudio.org
    Moode Twitter feed
    Tim Curtis

=======================
    2.5+ Release 2016-01-DD
    =======================

New features

- NEW: Hotplug for USB audio and storage devices
    - NEW: Server generated enhanced metadata for UI, LCD and external applications
    - NEW: Automatic volume configuration when hardware (ALSA) volume controller exists
    - NEW: Smart poweroff and reboot screens with reconnect btn and reboot-ready ticker
    - NEW: Allow-hotplug eth0 interface for faster boot on Wifi
    - NEW: Vol.sh command line interface (CLI) for volume knob and mute
    - NEW: Web interface for volume and mute via http://moode/command?cmd=vol.sh <arg>
    - NEW: Moode application programming interface (API) guide

Media

- NEW: KCMP 89.3 FM - The Current
    - NEW: MPR - Minnesota Public Radio
    - NEW: SomaFM - Logo for DEF CON Radio
    - NEW: SomaFM - Metal Detector - From black to doom, prog to sludge, thrash to post, stoner to crossover, punk to industrial.

Audio devices

- I2S: IanFIFO II
    - I2S: IQaudIO Pi-DACZero
    - I2S: Soekris DAM1021
    - I2S: Suptronics x400
    - USB: Audiolab M-DAC
    - USB: Audiophonics PCM5102 DAC
    - USB: Customworks DAC-1
    - USB: CEntrance DACmini CX
    - USB: DEQX XS-1 USB-Audio 24/192 v4
    - USB: Gustard U12
    - USB: Halide Design USB-S/PDIF Bridge
    - USB: HRT Microstreamer
    - USB: Lukit WaveIO USB-I2S/SPDIF Bridge
    - USB: Meridian Explorer 2
    - USB: Musical Fidelity V90-DAC
    - USB: Teac UD-H01
    - USB: Trends UD-10

Updates

- UPD: Pre-3.0 rewrite and restructure of entire 2.x code base :-)
    - UPD: Revised SQL schema, data elements and data
    - UPD: Changed CIFS mount rsize/wsize to defaults rsize=61440 and wsize=65536
    - UPD: Add help text for MPD audio buffer fields
    - UPD: Validate MPD volume control field (don't present "Hardware" if hdwr vol controller does not exist)
    - UPD: Validate Hardware volume control section on Customize popup (disable if hdwr vol controller does not exist))
    - UPD: Deprecate Kernel Select, Kernel Profiles, CMedia Fix, Automatic MPD DB update

Bug fixes

- FIX: Network throughput issue when using original code CIFS mount rsize=8048 and wsize=8096
    - FIX: WiFi configuration fails when SSID or password contain spaces or special characters
    - FIX: Time knob not cleared after last item in playlist finishes
    - FIX: Vertical page position (at top of knobs or coverart) on small screens moves when song changes
    - FIX: Samba invalid security option causing warning when MPD starts
    - FIX: MPD init.d start removed since its already started by Moode worker daemon
    - FIX: MPD config missing restore_paused "yes"
    - FIX: Volume up/dn buttons not being disabled when knob disabled
    - FIX: Logic causing unnecessary UI updates even though song does not change
    - FIX: Warnings from legacy CSS "*element" statements in certain CSS files
    - FIX: Incomplete Google search string for Radio stations that provide song title

I'm Grant.

Great stuff Tim. currently downloading Will get it imaged tonight hopefully and try it tomorrow

edit: imaged and instructions printed off.
    Last edited by struth; 31-12-2015 at 02:30.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Hi Tim

New version sounds very exciting!

Quick question - what's your recommended approach to upgrading from 2.4, specifically so I don't lose all my additional radio stations and references to NAS sources etc?

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Grant.

Not sure why but I cannot connect to it. Tried everything but not showing up.. Maybe a problem with my image..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast