+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Marc.

Thanks again Tim,

Are we talking about a Moode subset of packages (ie Raspbian but without eg: LXDE) or about the particular compilation of certain packages being moode specific (ie programs compiled with different flags to what stock Raspbian might have)?

I very much look forward to seeing 2.5, is it a radical departure from the Tsunami codebase, or a more advanced set of developments upon it?

While I'm on, does the Orion_Optimize script have any other dependencies or is it (standalone) writing those kernel parameters to the requisite config files?

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothchild View Post
    Thanks again Tim,

(1) Are we talking about a Moode subset of packages (ie Raspbian but without eg: LXDE) or about the particular compilation of certain packages being moode specific (ie programs compiled with different flags to what stock Raspbian might have)?

(2) I very much look forward to seeing 2.5, is it a radical departure from the Tsunami codebase, or a more advanced set of developments upon it?

(3) While I'm on, does the Orion_Optimize script have any other dependencies or is it (standalone) writing those kernel parameters to the requisite config files?
    Hi Marc,

(1) All that u mentioned including custom compiles of MPD, shairport-sync, upexplorer, etc, a bunch of OS stuff deleted or turned off, custom dir structures and permissions for certain things, custom udev rules, alsa config and the list goes on! The distro could probably be made from stock Raspbian by cloning a Github repo and then running scripts to compile and configure everything, but developing, debugging and maintaining install scripts would probably be more work than Moode itself :-)

(2) Moode 2.4 is a vast improvement over the code that I started with way back in 2014, but the 2.5 rewrite I'm currently working on is as radical as it can get with 2.x, everything is being overhauled and with particular attention to improved performance :-)

(3) The orion script (kernel tweak) does not exist anymore for 2.5. The service kills in the script are moved into main PHP worker and the scheduler tweeks not incorporated. There are several old legacy components that are not really needed anymore.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Grant.

As its another miserable day decided to try again to get my spare rpi to go wireless...feel like Robert Bruce here lol.... Anyways it still wont work... Put ssid and password in etc it looked like it might work but after powering downcand removing the ethernet... No connection again... Its infuriating lol.. Must be me i guess as thats 2 dongles ive used that have been recommended.
    Bugger it think i will sell it and forget about having rpi upstairs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    As its another miserable day decided to try again to get my spare rpi to go wireless...feel like Robert Bruce here lol.... Anyways it still wont work... Put ssid and password in etc it looked like it might work but after powering downcand removing the ethernet... No connection again... Its infuriating lol.. Must be me i guess as thats 2 dongles ive used that have been recommended.
    Bugger it think i will sell it and forget about having rpi upstairs
    Hi,

does your SSID have spaces in the name?

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

does your SSID have spaces in the name?

Regards,
    Tim
    Its a plusnet fibre one Tim. It goes. PLUSNET-H ...ETC CODE IS 10 num/lets...i take it thats wpa?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Its a plusnet fibre one Tim. It goes. PLUSNET-H ...ETC CODE IS 10 num/lets...i take it thats wpa?
    Hi Grant,

Check to see which type of WiFi security is configured on the Plusnet router. The setting in Moode Network config has to match this.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Grant.

Checked it Tim. Its wpa2 so was on right bit.. Dunno why this is but it wont work. I tried spaces between the hyphen in case but didnt work. Its the only thing ive had that wont connect wirelessly.... Its not far away either..about 6 ft

Ah well thank you for help
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Checked it Tim. Its wpa2 so was on right bit.. Dunno why this is but it wont work. I tried spaces between the hyphen in case but didnt work. Its the only thing ive had that wont connect wirelessly.... Its not far away either..about 6 ft

Ah well thank you for help
    Hi Grant,

SSID is case sensitive. Thats only thing I can think of...

Moode 2.5 has new WiFi setup screen and updated code so maybe it will be solution for u :-)

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Grant.

Ok i will try it in jan when the new one appears. Thanks
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Hi,

when I was using PiCoreplayer I had to edit and add some files via Ethernet and SSH with Putty for the WiFi dongle to be detected, not sure if MoOde is the same.

I gave up on Wifi for my Pi and just run it via a powerlink adapter.

Mike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast