+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Rob.

Grant

Running both the Pi and Caiman II for about 12 hours from the Anker battery pack yesterday left it still with about 30% power, so pretty good results I think

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Grant

Running both the Pi and Caiman II for about 12 hours from the Anker battery pack yesterday left it still with about 30% power, so pretty good results I think

Rob
    Havevyou tried using it while charging Rob or cant that be done?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Grant

I haven't been brave enough to try that....yet Must have a look in the instruction manual to see what it says about that :-)
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Rob.

Grant

Looks like it's possible - here's what the instruction booklet notes about doing so:

"When the battery's power level is below 30%, the multi-voltage port will not charge another device while the battery is being charged. The USB charging ports are not affected by this limitation

Simultaneous charging and discharging, although supported and not in any way dangerous, will slightly reduce the external battery's lifespan"

Rob

I'm Grant.

Interesting, Rob.. So it would still keep the pi going but not a 12volt supply. Food for thought..thanks for that great bit of info.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tim.

Hi,

FYI for those of you using new release 2.4, there is a network throughput issue due to old mount settings. It's particularly evident on WiFi connections. It can be fixed by clicking "Advanced options" when configuring a NAS mount and entering the settings below for Rsize and Wsize fields. Fix will b in release 2.5 :-)

** RECOMMEND REMOVE EXISTING NAS MOUNT AND RE-MOUNT WITH NEW SETTINGS

Rsize = 61440
    Wsize = 65536

Note old settings: Rsize/Wsize (8048/8096)

Here is some test data from my network when performing MPD DB Update on CIFS/NAS based collection of 14,508 tracks, mostly FLAC. I'm seeing a significant improvement in WiFi throuput with the new settings :-)

Wired: 14,508 tracks, MPD DB update

- New 06 mins, 40 tracks/sec (1.17X faster)
    - Old 07 mins, 34 tracks/sec

Wifi: 14,508 tracks, MPD DB update

- New 14 mins, 17 tracks/sec (2X faster)
    - Old 26 mins, 09 tracks/sec

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Josie.

Hi Tim.

Just a quickie if I may. How does moode determine the sampling rate? I just want to experiment with changing the sampling rate (or to not upsample at all using for example 44khz) but I can't find an option in Moode to do this.

Thanks
    Josie
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 08-11-2015 at 06:42.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Tim.

Just a quickie if I may. How does moode determine the sampling rate? I just want to experiment with changing the sampling rate (or to not upsample at all using for example 44khz) but I can't find an option in Moode to do this.

Thanks
    Josie
    Hi Josie,

Menu, Configure, MPD

MPD configuration

- Resampling (choose a rate or "disabled")
    - Sample rate converter (set to SoX: Very High Quality)
    - APPLY
    - Wait a bit for MPD to restart

If Resampling is set to "disabled" Moode leaves the samples at their original rate.

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Grant

Looks like it's possible - here's what the instruction booklet notes about doing so:

"When the battery's power level is below 30%, the multi-voltage port will not charge another device while the battery is being charged. The USB charging ports are not affected by this limitation

Simultaneous charging and discharging, although supported and not in any way dangerous, will slightly reduce the external battery's lifespan"

Rob
    I decided to go with a dual linear psu. 1 side to do the rpi and the other to do the phono stage. Will let you know how it goes
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Josie,

Menu, Configure, MPD

MPD configuration

- Resampling (choose a rate or "disabled")
    - Sample rate converter (set to SoX: Very High Quality)
    - APPLY
    - Wait a bit for MPD to restart

If Resampling is set to "disabled" Moode leaves the samples at their original rate.

Regards,
    Tim
    Doh!... yes... thank you , Tim... how I missed that I don't know... complete blonde moment, even though I'm not blonde. lol

Regards
    Josie
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast