+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Grant.

Good to know Rob.. Tell us how many hrs you get from a charge
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

Ran the Pi for 10-12 hours yesterday and the Anker had dropped to 70%. Got it powering both the Pi and the Caiman II today so I'll see what kind of drain I get today.

I reused the connector adaptors I'd bought for my AA battery rig:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-12...c=1&rmvSB=true

The socket that came with that kit fits the tip of the cable that comes with the Anker and the plug fits the Caiman II. The other cable that comes with the Anker - the USB cable - fits the USB power socket on the Pi. So a pretty simple way to power up both devices.

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Rob.

Tim

Two odd things I've noticed.

1) My 2 Mac minis that are connected to my network by wired Ethernet display moode as Shared in Finder which is what I'd expect. However my Macbook Air which of course is wireless-connected doesn't show it in Finder (I can access it by SSH and browser OK though)

2) Although I have Airplay enabled in Moode, none of my Macs show it on their Airplay dropdown. I tried resetting, rebooting, switching volume control from disabled to software, but no luck

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Rob.

Tim

Quick follow-up - strangely enough, moode is showing up OK on Airplay on my iPhone, just not on the Macs. I don't have any firewall enabled on any of them BTW.

Rob

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Tim

Quick follow-up - strangely enough, moode is showing up OK on Airplay on my iPhone, just not on the Macs. I don't have any firewall enabled on any of them BTW.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

(1) On Macbook Air, Finder, Shared, All. I usually have to open "All" to see the Pi's.

(2) I'm seeing the Moode Airplay receivers no problem on Macbook Air (Yosemite).

Suggest rebooting all the macs and letting them rediscover things. I've had to do this on occasion. Btw, what version of OS X are u running on the mini's and the Air?

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Rob.

OK so that may be one issue - the Air is now on El Capitan, whereas the Minis are on Yosemite. It appears that on El Capitan you don't have an All.. option in Finder. Looks like El Capitan doesn't see the Pi :-(

I've tried the trick of "sudo pkill coreaudiod" to reset Airplay, but I still only see my Apple TV box coming up (on all Macs). All very weird.

I'm Rob.

And just to confirm that rebooting the Air didn't help :-(

I'm Rob.

Well I spoke too soon - moode just appeared in Finder - took some time after the reboot, but still no joy with it showing up in the Airplay dropdown unfortunately

I'm Tim.

Hi Rob,

I retested Airplay support and no issues in my test environment. The Pi Airplay receivers all show up in IOS, OS X system volume and iTunes volume. It's odd that your Mini's that are running Yos are not seeing the Airplay receivers but in Elcap its probably bug.

On your MBA, do the Airplay receivers show up in iTunes volume control?

Here are my Apple components:

Macbook Air
    - OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
    - iTunes 12.3.1.23

iPhone 5
    - IOS 9.1

iPod Touch 5th Gen
    - IOS 9.1

iPad Mini 2
    - IOS 9.1

Regards,
    Tim

I'm Rob.

Well maybe it's me going mad! Rebooted the Pi this morning and everything now shows up OK on the Air! :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast