+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    I'm having a very hard time getting my Allo Boss Dac to make any sound on MoOde 3.5 - can anyone give me any pointers?

I had it working on Volumio until yesterday, so I know that it works, but trying to set it up in MoOde has me flummoxed - I have used MoOde almost exclusively for years with an IQaudio dac, so know how to set it up (so I thought!).

I'm a bit confused as to why there are two ways of selecting your I2S dac: in configure>audio>devices (but Allo Boss isn't listed here so what do I select?!), and then also in the customise section (obviously I select Allo Boss here, but why is this not in the other list?).

Also, I had the option of hardware volume control in Volumio, but it says hardware option not detected in MoOde...

What am I doing wrong? :/
    That exactly what I saw with the Piano DAC, I'll have a look in my settings to see if I can remember how I got it working, i think it was down to the way I selected the DAC.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Just noticed that the Boss DAC isn't listed in the DAC section, are you sure it's supported yet?

When my Piano wasn't supported I chose the RaspyPlay4 DAC that's listed and it worked fine.

Might be worth a try until the Boss is added to the list.

Didn't realise it's not listed which will be a pain as I've just ordered one that will be here in the next few days Doh!

EDIT: I see the Boss Dac is listed as being supported in the notes above so it will be doable to get it running 😊

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    EDIT: I see the Boss Dac is listed as being supported in the notes above so it will be doable to get it running ��
    Thanks Mikeyb, it is supported, but perhaps you do have to select another DAC in the main list, so I will try that!

I'm Mike.

Thanks Mikeyb, it is supported, but perhaps you do have to select another DAC in the main list, so I will try that!
    If it's listed, then selecting a different one won't do any good.

I've had a look and I think I had issues getting it to show hardware volume control, I think I had to go to mpd configuration to select i2s device then restart mpd, reboot, then selected the dac, set volume at 100, then checked the alsamixer in putty, bear in mind this is from memory and to be honest I got it working without really knowing how I did it.

I'm Mike.

MoOde setup help says this...

I2S DEVICE
    a) Menu, Configure, Audio

b) select an I2S audio device then press SET

c) reboot

d) Menu, Configure, Audio, OPEN MPD CONFIG

e) leave Volume control set to "Software"

f) verify Audio device is set to "I2S audio device" then press APPLY

I'm sure I followed that guide and I was then able to go back in and select hardware volume, set it to 100 volume and then I probably rebooted again just to make sure it was sorted.

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    If it's listed, then selecting a different one won't do any good.

I've had a look and I think I had issues getting it to show hardware volume control, I think I had to go to mpd configuration to select i2s device then restart mpd, reboot, then selected the dac, set volume at 100, then checked the alsamixer in putty, bear in mind this is from memory and to be honest I got it working without really knowing how I did it.
    Yeah, I followed those instructions, but no joy. Also trying another DAC name. I think it might be an alsamixer thing, as the box always seems to be empty, even when I put something in there... I'm not that familiar with what it means though, does it matter if the box is empty if selecting software volume? Software volume should just work regardless, no? Ultimately I would like to use hardware volume, but first thing is just to get some sound out of it!

I'm Mike.

Yeah, I followed those instructions, but no joy. Also trying another DAC name. I think it might be an alsamixer thing, as the box always seems to be empty, even when I put something in there... I'm not that familiar with what it means though, does it matter if the box is empty if selecting software volume? Software volume should just work regardless, no? Ultimately I would like to use hardware volume, but first thing is just to get some sound out of it!
    Exact same issue I had with the Piano, until I got 100 into the alsamixer box I couldn't get it to work, but once I did it's been fine, I'm pretty sure I had to switch back and forth between the menu pages, restarting mpd and rebooting at certain times, sorry I cant be more help, I think I was just lucky in getting it to work.

I'm Grant.

My moode 3.5 settings currently. Working well off battery and rpi 2b

If its any help
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

To see the Boss Dac in the list you need to have one of the Advanced Kernels configured. The Boss should then appear in the 'Customize' settings, but I have a feeling that it may not be supported until the next Moode update. More info somewhere on the DiyAudio thread, but very likely Tim will reply here soon.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    To see the Boss Dac in the list you need to have one of the Advanced Kernels configured. The Boss should then appear in the 'Customize' settings, but I have a feeling that it may not be supported until the next Moode update. More info somewhere on the DiyAudio thread, but very likely Tim will reply here soon.
    Hi,

Correct. The Boss driver is only in the Advanced kernels in this release of Moode, however there is a bug preventing the driver from appearing in the list. If you know a little Linux ssh then use the workaround below, otherwise an in-place bugfix update will be released soon.

sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set kernel='' where id='1'"

Current bugfix list for Moode 3.5
    - FIX: I2S device list query
    - FIX: Playlist save not working
    - FIX: DSD decoded-to on Audioconfig
    - FIX: Wifi/BT disable not working if Adv kernel
    - FIX: Change Browser title not working
    - FIX: System info on/off status for UPnP, DLNA

-Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast