+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Got that installedcTim.... Does switching on airplay switch off samba? And exactly what does the airplay do?
    Sorry if those questions seem daft but i am
    Hi Grant,

Turning on Airplay starts the Airplay receiver on Moode. This allows you to stream audio from any app that supports Airplay to Moode.

-Tim

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Acousticmood View Post
    i installed the new version and it wouldn't connect on my iPad . Tried the IP address and mode.local to no avail.

Reinstalled r25 image and it worked - that's weird.
    Hi,

Send email to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :-)

-Tim

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Grant,

Turning on Airplay starts the Airplay receiver on Moode. This allows you to stream audio from any app that supports Airplay to Moode.

-Tim

ok Tim thanks.. like I could stream from Ipad to moode via airplay for instance? will samba still work? Reason I ask as in an older model, I think something like that was there and when on my samba share disappeared.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barry.

Airplay is great for listening to Spotify or the likes from your iPad via moode on your pi.

I'm George.

I am running 2.5 on two different setups both RPI 2 one with duriosound dual mono and one with Hifiberry DAC + pro.

I switched from Volumio. I've tried a dozen times and a dozen variations but can't map my NAS drives.

They show through my computer and through FTP but when trying to mount them through the GUI. On my iPad or iPhone nothing but a red x.

I've read somewhere that the Western Digitial passport drives might be the problem?
    An IT expert friend tells me it might be an issue with the router (Linksys WRT 1900 AC)

Can someone tell me where to go to trouble shoot this? I have limited Linux skills but can SSH into the pi to make changes if that will help.

Thanks,

George
    Mystery Solved!

It turns out I had to name the router in the Source field. Previously (with Volumio) I used whatever I wanted in that field. My router is named Red-State (no offense to anyone intended)... I entered that - entered in all the rest including name and password and I'm in!

Really like the sound improvement with the driver made for my DAC.

Now I'm ready to try to set up the unit a built for a friend. He has a different brand of router . so this should be fun LOL.

I'm Tim.

Mystery Solved!

It turns out I had to name the router in the Source field. Previously (with Volumio) I used whatever I wanted in that field. My router is named Red-State (no offense to anyone intended)... I entered that - entered in all the rest including name and password and I'm in!

Really like the sound improvement with the driver made for my DAC.

Now I'm ready to try to set up the unit a built for a friend. He has a different brand of router . so this should be fun LOL.
    Hi George,

I'm glad its working :-) but there definitely is no relationship whatsoever between what is entered in the Source field and what a particular Router might be named. The entry in the Source field is simply used as the folder name that is created under /mnt/NAS to serve as the mount point. This name shows up under the NAS folder in the Browse panel.

The source names that I use most often are Music and Test.

I'm not sure why the NAS mounts were failing for you, but if it happens again send email to me and I'll help troubleshoot.

-Tim

I'm George.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi George,

I'm glad its working :-) but there definitely is no relationship whatsoever between what is entered in the Source field and what a particular Router might be named. The entry in the Source field is simply used as the folder name that is created under /mnt/NAS to serve as the mount point. This name shows up under the NAS folder in the Browse panel.

The source names that I use most often are Music and Test.

I'm not sure why the NAS mounts were failing for you, but if it happens again send email to me and I'll help troubleshoot.

-Tim
    Wow ok - well I guess everything else was right this time - thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I hope I can repeat it.

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ok Tim thanks.. like I could stream from Ipad to moode via airplay for instance? will samba still work? Reason I ask as in an older model, I think something like that was there and when on my samba share disappeared.
    Hi, The Airplay service is a separate service and shouldn't influence the SMB services at all... but you never know...

I'm Tim.

Moode 2.6 Test Release 3 (TR3) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.

This TR adds two really nice features, True random play and Audio scrobbler :-)

Like the previous test releases, TR3 includes support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 and is built on moodeOS 1.0 the new J-Lite based operating system for Moode Audio Player. Features included in TR3 are listed below. Refer to the release notes for the complete list.

- NEW: Support for Raspberry Pi 3
    - NEW: moodeOS 1.0 J-Lite factored for Moode Audio Player
    - NEW: WiFi automatic Access Point (AP) mode
    - NEW: True random play for a continuous stream of music
    - NEW: Airplay metadata and cover art
    - NEW: Audio scrobbler service for Last.FM
    - NEW: USB storage devices auto-mounted by disk label
    - NEW: Network configuration system
    - NEW: Auto-configuration system

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.4.8
    - UPD: MPD custom compiled version 0.19.15
    - UPD: WiringPi compiled version 2.32

1) Fixes to bugs reported for TR1:

- FIX: NFS mount fails because rpcbind not enabled at boot
    - FIX: Ext4 file system fails to auto-mount
    - FIX: Channel swap can occur when Pi 3 + I2S + 16 bit audio

2) Moode users have reported the following adapters work in AP mode.

- Raspberry Pi 3 integrated WiFi adapter
    - Canakit WiFi Adapter
    - Raspberry Pi USB WiFi Dongle
    - WiFi adapters based on RTL RT5370 chipset

3) Console login userid=pi, password=raspberry. Preface all cmds with sudo.

4) I'm specifically looking for feedback on whether BBC 320K HLS radio streams can be played by MPD 0.19.15 as has been suggested.

Be sure to read the updated Setup instructions to learn how to make use of new capabilities. The (i) help text in Moode itself provides additionl explanation of features.

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Tim.

Hi,

Several confirmations have been received that BBC 320K HLS streams are working in Moode 2.6 TR3 :-)

Regards,
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast