+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RME ADI 2 FS 2 - any users?

I'm inactive.

Default RME ADI 2 FS 2 - any users?

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my setup to replace a Focusrite mixer but would like to hear from anyone who uses/has used one for tips and advice.

Particular questions relate to the AD/DA switching and any hidden driver requirements for Mac use (i.e. if it truly is a 'standalone' solution)

I'm Eamonn.

Hi Mike,
    I own the ADI2, but afraid can't answer your particular answers, all I can say is it's a stunning sounding DAC and at a bargain price. I preferred it to a Qutist and my previous DAC Audiolab MDAC+
    For a more informed answer on specifics, perhaps post on the Wam as there's a few owners there.
    Mac
    Accuphase C2420 pre P4200 poweramp, Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Sonos Connect, Innuous ZENith MKIII, RME ADI2, Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by macspur View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I own the ADI2, but afraid can't answer your particular answers, all I can say is it's a stunning sounding DAC and at a bargain price. I preferred it to a Qutist and my previous DAC Audiolab MDAC+
    For a more informed answer on specifics, perhaps post on the Wam as there's a few owners there.
    Mac
    Thank you for the response Eamonn - as reviews for this model are scant it's good to know the sound lives up to the RME reputation. Will also have a look at the Wam site (and probably contact RME directly)

Looking at other possibilities at the moment (including Fostex and Motu) but changes to the Mac OS make decisions difficult until manufacturers post definitive news on updated drivers ... either way

I'm Mike.

A review here, don't know if it will help

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revie...s-review-r852/

I'm Edward.

Do take care. There are 4 different (similarly named) models. Most recently the ADI-2 FS, the remote controlled ADI-2 DAC, the ADI-2 Pro FS and the ADI-2.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    A review here, don't know if it will help

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revie...s-review-r852/
    Thanks for the link Mike - great review but unfortunately a different model

As Edward has pointed out, RME have quite a range with very similar features and codes - and quite varying prices ...

In either event, looks like I will be kicking this can down the road for a couple of years. Did an upgrade to Catalina on a spare boot drive and found that the very latest (and very last) Focusrite driver for my firewire mixer actually does work under 64 bit. Unfortunately though a couple of key programmes I use every day will not ... and their newer versions are pants compared to the ones I have .... so Mojave stays for the foreseeable.

Thanks to all for the tips and suggestions - much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread