+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Rod.

It's really worth trying to battery power the HAT separately from the Pi3, only needs 3.3v, it does things to the sound, reinforces every note gives more dynamics and just makes the whole image more believable, much better bass with more slam......amazing really.
    Goldring G99 with Hydraulic reference arm, Logic DM101 TT, Rega 250, litz modded, Raspberry Pi3, Justboom Digi HAT spdif into Chord Mojo DAC, Avondale modded Naim CD6. Amplification: Valve - Leak TL12+ pair, Passive pre home made, SolidState - RMS T65 monoblocks, Grad One preamp. Celestion Studio 66 monitors (restored) on carbon fibre stands, RMS Revelation 2's and Revelation 1's, Stands Unique Klarity. Stands Unique Carbon, TWS Wall supports, Avondale Audio black link cable.

I'm Grant.

Ive only got a 2b at moment. Tbh im not using my main system much.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rod.

Should think the 2b will respond to the same power supply treatment, I'm trying to get the Pi3 setup to as far as I can and have to say it has surpassed my expectations especially with Tim's Moode Player. The Advanced LL (low latency) seems to give slightly more realism than the RR setting but I'll have to play some more. Spdif output via the Justboom Digi HAT works better than USB directly from the Pi, less noise/glare more clarity, believability. I'm using a Chord Mojo directly into my valve power amps as it has an excellent volume control, better than my passive preamp.

Haven't listened to as much music as this in years, that about says it all.
    Goldring G99 with Hydraulic reference arm, Logic DM101 TT, Rega 250, litz modded, Raspberry Pi3, Justboom Digi HAT spdif into Chord Mojo DAC, Avondale modded Naim CD6. Amplification: Valve - Leak TL12+ pair, Passive pre home made, SolidState - RMS T65 monoblocks, Grad One preamp. Celestion Studio 66 monitors (restored) on carbon fibre stands, RMS Revelation 2's and Revelation 1's, Stands Unique Klarity. Stands Unique Carbon, TWS Wall supports, Avondale Audio black link cable.

I'm Grant.

been saving for a mojo for a long time
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rod.

If you add up what a decent preamp will cost as well as an external DAC then it is good buy, if a little painful when handing over the £400. The Mojo is a remarkable bit of kit, makes music. Doesn't seem to change in sound terms whether plugged into charge or left on battery power either - I use a LPS to do this which might be OTT. BTW I got the very nice case thrown in for that, Frank Harvey Hi-Fi - it's normally £60!

Cheers
    Rod

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rodthebod View Post
    If you add up what a decent preamp will cost as well as an external DAC then it is good buy, if a little painful when handing over the £400. The Mojo is a remarkable bit of kit, makes music. Doesn't seem to change in sound terms whether plugged into charge or left on battery power either - I use a LPS to do this which might be OTT. BTW I got the very nice case thrown in for that, Frank Harvey Hi-Fi - it's normally £60!

Cheers
    Rod
    good deal that. your right in the big picture its a good buy as its pretty flexible. I,m getting there; just need to sell a few things more.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    been saving for a mojo for a long time
    Used price is around £300 or so 😉

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Used price is around £300 or so ��
    Aye, not so sure a new one isnt better value Mike. Depends whos been using it and for how long.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Aye, not so sure a new one isnt better value Mike. Depends whos been using it and for how long.
    Aye, that might be true considering the battery.

I'm Grant.

Default Moode Player Help

It's not my only option but it gets a good rep mike

On topic I upgraded from 3.5 to 3.6 today using the in program updater. Worked a treat
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast