+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Support for the Boss Dac is coming with version 3.5 of Moode.

Post from Tim in diyaudio forum.

Hi Luki,

Upcoming Moode 3.5 release supports the Boss and Piano DAC's. The Boss is supported only in the Advanced Low Latency and Real-Time Audio kernels.

-Tim
    That's great news... can't wait.

Do we know when will 3.5 be released?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post

Nope

I'm Alistair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post

As Kit1cat said no timescale for 3.5 yet but it will no longer be free software.
    No prices as yet but anyone who donates to MoOde will get 3.5 for free.

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Josie.

Very well.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Rob.

Tim

I wonder if you're aware of this latest pilot by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/taster/projects...adio_and_music

"We’re using FLAC and MPEG-DASH to deliver losslessly-compressed audio to your browser. This allows us to reduce the bit-rate required for transmission without any loss of information."

From what I can tell it's a 48k lossless FLAC stream. Currently it requires use of the latest Firefox browser to make it work. Perhaps something that could be made accessible from Moode?

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Tim

I wonder if you're aware of this latest pilot by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/taster/projects...adio_and_music

"We’re using FLAC and MPEG-DASH to deliver losslessly-compressed audio to your browser. This allows us to reduce the bit-rate required for transmission without any loss of information."

From what I can tell it's a 48k lossless FLAC stream. Currently it requires use of the latest Firefox browser to make it work. Perhaps something that could be made accessible from Moode?

Rob
    Is it not possible to extract the link from within Firefox and then just create a new station in MoOde?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Is it not possible to extract the link from within Firefox and then just create a new station in MoOde?

Hi,

Right. Someone is UK would need to to do his and verify that the stream is working and is at the correct bitrate. I can't test any of the high bitrate BBC streams in US because there are geo-fenced by BBC.

-Tim

I'm Mike.

I've tried to see if I can find the link but no joy, even studying the info from the stream page on BBC shows nothing.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I've tried to see if I can find the link but no joy, even studying the info from the stream page on BBC shows nothing.

I'm in the U.S. and listening to this right now, sounds great other than the very occasional little pop noise, but I can't figure out how to check the stream's native bit depth and sample rate on a Mac computer.

In the Audio MIDI settings it shows the input as "Default", not terribly useful.

Anyone have hints as to how I can check this on a Mac? If I right-click the player image in the browser a very small information window appears, I've enclosed a screen shot, like the Audio MIDI settings it doesn't seem terribly helpful in identifying the stream's native resolution, though "lossless" and "DASH" do appear:

And on further review of the various links on the BBC information page, this adaptive bitrate stuff is a long and ongoing project for them dating back to 2009 from what I gathered, and is seemingly quite complex in terms of the actual implementation (not that I'm an expert on such matters).
    Last edited by MikeyFresh; 09-04-2017 at 20:08.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFresh View Post
    I'm in the U.S. and listening to this right now, sounds great other than the very occasional little pop noise, but I can't figure out how to check the stream's native bit depth and sample rate on a Mac computer.

In the Audio MIDI settings it shows the input as "Default", not terribly useful.

Anyone have hints as to how I can check this on a Mac? If I right-click the player image in the browser a very small information window appears, I've enclosed a screen shot, like the Audio MIDI settings it doesn't seem terribly helpful in identifying the stream's native resolution, though "lossless" and "DASH" do appear:

And on further review of the various links on the BBC information page, this adaptive bitrate stuff is a long and ongoing project for them dating back to 2009 from what I gathered, and is seemingly quite complex in terms of the actual implementation (not that I'm an expert on such matters).
    Hi Mike,

Whats the URL?

-Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast