+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions all.

And thanks Tim for the clarification, I guess I'll just wait for the in-place update. If possible, could you be so kind as to post something here to announce when this bugfix has been released?

Cheers,
    Luke
    +1 Can't wait to get the Boss running Moode

BTW... Tim, Does it matter which Kernel is used LL or RT with the Boss... is one better than the other?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Rod.

Default Progress with scans and how to get an NFS share to work on a linux based NAS server

Thanks for the invaluable advice Tim, I've been busy checking what happens on the scan via the shh terminal session on my Macbook. It really is quite a busy process and very helpful to see what causes any delays. I never realised I had 'opus' files in my collection which, I think, are seen as video content. I'm going to re-rip these as flac I think to prevent any delays. My m4a files are given a going over with 'ffmpeg' which takes a little time compared to general wav or flac files.
    Wav files seem to sound cleaner than flac anyway, but to be fair, I have to do more listening to confirm this.

I still have a stall on the USB HDD and on my NAS file (nfs) server when running the scan, the process just stops but not at the end of the collection. I am going back to basics and only starting with my 'pure' ripped wav cd's as a collection then gradually add albums to get a better picture to what the problem is. Using ssh into the Pi3 is vital to see what's going on.

BTW the only way I could get the NAS working as a NFS share, because CIFS/SMB would'nt ever work was to create then add a file in the etc folder on the NAS server called 'exports' with the line '/media/hdd/Music 192.168.0.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)' then it worked. The path shown at the beginning of the line has to match where your collection is located. My server is actually a VUsolo2 satellite media box running enigma 2 linux so that might be why? Still can't get CIFS/SMB to work on my other NAS server which is a Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500 router, there's no password required but I get 'no password' error on trying to create a share.

Finally, Is there a way to backup your database once it's complete to a Mac or PC via the terminal then restore it, it's just that I find sometimes when the whole process has come to an end I might have a freeze then the database seems to have disappeared on reboot and I have to go over the whole thing again?

I'm Grant.

Ive taken to using Ape of late and think it better than flac. No idea why tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive taken to using Ape of late and think it better than flac. No idea why tho.
    monkey see, monkey do

I'm Mike.

Hi,

Right, I've cracked it.........at last

Here is how I got it to work with MoOde 3.5

1. Clean Install of MoOde 3.5 onto the mSD card and inserted into the Pi, powered on and wait for it to boot up

2. Browsed for the Pi on my phone using FING app to see if it was connected to the network ( noting the IP address )

3. SSH'd into the Pi via Putty using the IP address found with FING (Username for MoOde is pi and Password is raspberry)

4. Copied and pasted this line into the Putty screen sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set kernel='' where id='1'"

5. Rebooted

6. onto the PC now and the MoOde setup page and went to Configure/System and then under System Modifications chose Advanced-LL and clicked install, you need to give it time to install and wait for the reboot message, once this is seen Reboot

7. not sure if this is necessary but I had to reboot twice ?

8. Configure/System make sure under Linux Kernel that Advance-LL is selected.

9. Configure/Audio then choose Boss DAC from the I2S audio device drop down menu, it put Slave Disabled in by default

10. Reboot

11. Configure/Audio and under MPD menu click Restart MPD

12. Reboot

13. Configure/Audio and I set the volume warning limit to 100 but this is up to you.

It's all working now, just need to find out if the DAC only uses software volume or not, I always had previous DACs set to hardware and controlled the volume via the amp.

Happy Days

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by rodthebod View Post
    Thanks for the invaluable advice Tim, I've been busy checking what happens on the scan via the shh terminal session on my Macbook. It really is quite a busy process and very helpful to see what causes any delays. I never realised I had 'opus' files in my collection which, I think, are seen as video content. I'm going to re-rip these as flac I think to prevent any delays. My m4a files are given a going over with 'ffmpeg' which takes a little time compared to general wav or flac files.
    Wav files seem to sound cleaner than flac anyway, but to be fair, I have to do more listening to confirm this.

I still have a stall on the USB HDD and on my NAS file (nfs) server when running the scan, the process just stops but not at the end of the collection. I am going back to basics and only starting with my 'pure' ripped wav cd's as a collection then gradually add albums to get a better picture to what the problem is. Using ssh into the Pi3 is vital to see what's going on.

BTW the only way I could get the NAS working as a NFS share, because CIFS/SMB would'nt ever work was to create then add a file in the etc folder on the NAS server called 'exports' with the line '/media/hdd/Music 192.168.0.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)' then it worked. The path shown at the beginning of the line has to match where your collection is located. My server is actually a VUsolo2 satellite media box running enigma 2 linux so that might be why? Still can't get CIFS/SMB to work on my other NAS server which is a Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500 router, there's no password required but I get 'no password' error on trying to create a share.

Finally, Is there a way to backup your database once it's complete to a Mac or PC via the terminal then restore it, it's just that I find sometimes when the whole process has come to an end I might have a freeze then the database seems to have disappeared on reboot and I have to go over the whole thing again?
    Hi Rod,

For SMB/CIFS shares try entering a dummy userid and pwd in NAS config. I just use Admin/password.

MPD database and other such files are in /var/lib/mpd

pi@rp3:~ $ ls -l /var/lib/mpd
    total 168
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mpd audio 4096 Apr 12 13:02 music
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mpd audio 4096 Apr 21 09:18 playlists
    -rw-r--r-- 1 mpd audio 14631 Apr 23 08:09 state
    -rw-r--r-- 1 mpd audio 3072 Apr 8 2016 sticker.sql
    -rw-r--r-- 1 mpd audio 140138 Apr 22 11:44 tag_cache

cp /var/lib/mpd/playlists/* /media/USB_DISK_LABEL
    cp /var/lib/mpd/state /media/USB_DISK_LABEL
    cp /var/lib/mpd/sticker.sql /media/USB_DISK_LABEL
    cp /var/lib/mpd/tag_cache /media/USB_DISK_LABEL

-Tim

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Hi,

Right, I've cracked it.........at last

Here is how I got it to work with MoOde 3.5

1. Clean Install of MoOde 3.5 onto the mSD card and inserted into the Pi, powered on and wait for it to boot up

2. Browsed for the Pi on my phone using FING app to see if it was connected to the network ( noting the IP address )

3. SSH'd into the Pi via Putty using the IP address found with FING (Username for MoOde is pi and Password is raspberry)

4. Copied and pasted this line into the Putty screen sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set kernel='' where id='1'"

5. Rebooted

6. onto the PC now and the MoOde setup page and went to Configure/System and then under System Modifications chose Advanced-LL and clicked install, you need to give it time to install and wait for the reboot message, once this is seen Reboot

7. not sure if this is necessary but I had to reboot twice ?

8. Configure/System make sure under Linux Kernel that Advance-LL is selected.

9. Configure/Audio then choose Boss DAC from the I2S audio device drop down menu, it put Slave Disabled in by default

10. Reboot

11. Configure/Audio and under MPD menu click Restart MPD

12. Reboot

13. Configure/Audio and I set the volume warning limit to 100 but this is up to you.

It's all working now, just need to find out if the DAC only uses software volume or not, I always had previous DACs set to hardware and controlled the volume via the amp.

Happy Days

Hi Mike.

Just tried this but still no Boss Dac in the list.

Does anything happen after pressing enter after the command line? It just goes to the next line, is that right?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Mike.

Does anything happen after pressing enter after the command line? It just goes to the next line, is that right?
    If cmd is successful there won't be any messages. It just competes and you get a cmd prompt.
    Switch to one of the Advanced kernels and reboot. Boss drver is only in the Adv kernels.
    Last edited by TimCurtis; 23-04-2017 at 13:43. Reason: eta

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Mike.

As Tim says it just goes back to the command prompt, you then go back into MoOde/Configure/System/System Configurations/Linux Kernel then choose Advanced-LL and click the green install button and give it plenty time to give you the reboot message.

This gets you to 7 or 8 on my list.

I'm Josie.

Thanks Mike, Tim

I tried it but found it worked for me by doing points 6 first, then point 5. Would that make any sense?

All groovy now... Thanks so much for your time with that

BTW, It doesn't seem to like hardware volume control. When I press SET with the hardware option it resets to software. Also, not tried any upsampling yet, does anyone know if this works well with the Boss.

I've selected Very high quality SOX which works fine too, oh and .DSF files play fine too

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast