+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Thanks Mike, Tim

I tried it but found it worked for me by doing points 6 first, then point 5. Would that make any sense?

All groovy now... Thanks so much for your time with that

BTW, It doesn't seem to like hardware volume control. When I press SET with the hardware option it resets to software. Also, not tried any upsampling yet, does anyone know if this works well with the Boss.

I've selected Very high quality SOX which works fine too, oh and .DSF files play fine too
    Ah that's great, glad you got it sorted.

Not tried changing anything from default as I didn't want to break it lol

I'm Luke.

That's great! Good work. I may give it a go, but have never ssh'd before: is using putty fairly self explanatory? Just look for the Pi IP address then enter the code into the dialogue window, hit enter? I bet it's not that simple

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    That's great! Good work. I may give it a go, but have never ssh'd before: is using putty fairly self explanatory? Just look for the Pi IP address then enter the code into the dialogue window, hit enter? I bet it's not that simple
    Actuall, it is 😉

I'm Luke.

Just googled for some instructions, and it looks like you're telling the truth!

Trying it tonight, fingers crossed...

EDIT to add:

Done!

Great how-to list mikeyb, much appreciated, a bit faffy with all the reboots (and I suspect possibly a bug as I kept getting the message to reboot reappear and so could have been stuck in an endless loop!), but worth it in the end.

All sounding good, but not had enough time to critically listen to the different filters/kernels/upsampling to 384khz yet.

Would this last option cause any problems with the Pi overheating? And any difference between 16/24/32 384khz? It's all a bit above my pay grade...

Thanks again, very pleased to have it up an running. Don't know why I've been so scared of Putty before, piece of proverbial
    Last edited by LC1979; 23-04-2017 at 22:03. Reason: Update

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Rob,

I never quite understood BBC's move to HLS format and can't make sense of their latest experiment. Maybe this new streaming format is more efficient for Mobiles?

When a set of direct-stream URLs emerges, and assuming there is codec support in ffmpeg for the audio format, I'll start testing :-)

-Tim
    Some background information here

http://theaudiophileman.com/bbc-flac/

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Some background information here

http://theaudiophileman.com/bbc-flac/
    Hi Mel,

Thats really interesting. Makes perfect sense now. Kudos to BBC and hopefully at some point the FLAC streams can be played by MPD.

-Tim
    Last edited by TimCurtis; 24-04-2017 at 18:08. Reason: sp

I'm Rod.

Hi Luke

I've been running the Pi3 at 384kHz upsampling with no heatsinking added for two days now, five-six hours continuously I get 55-60 degrees showing on the 'audio info' panel - shown at the bottom of the window along with CPU info. so nothing to worry about.

I'm using spdif out of the Pi3 (Justboom Digi HAT) into a Chord Mojo DAC which seems to work at 32bit all the time, I've found that setting the sample rate at max bit rate (32bit) and the frequency at max (384kHz) gives the smoothest with most resolution after a couple of days listening, but this could change after a few weeks after more playing about as I'm switching types of PSU and tweaking cabling etc. it's a great place to start. 32bit/384kHz works really well.

I've used MacBook Pro with Audirvana 3.x and bootcamp Windows 10 with Bughead, just tried out Bughead again using the same setup with Mojo as a preamp (with no passive pre in the chain to be a fair comparison) I have changed quite a few things since listening to Bughead via usb. Once set to Profession Mode it's better than the Moode setup, on my current system, better sense of depth and realism. The Pi3 with Moode Audio Player is very good indeed though and crazy quality for the cost, I'd place it next to Audirvana on the Mac (usb) especially once a serious linear PSU is implemented, this makes a world of difference.
    Last edited by rodthebod; 25-04-2017 at 13:08.

I'm Luke.

Hi rod,

Thanks for the interesting and informative reply, great stuff. I was uncertain as to whether the Pi was able to do the upsampling, but that is reassuring, ta. Even though my pi 2b has a lesser processor I will give it a go! Really interested that you could perceive a difference, going to see whether I do too...

Cheers

I'm Grant.

Yes ive been upsampling with a 2b for some time now. It will handle any of the levels if you dac will
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luke.

Thanks Grant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast