+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Josie.

Just checked my moode player, it say no updates available.. Is it because this new one is a beta version?

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Just checked my moode player, it say no updates available.. Is it because this new one is a beta version?

The only way to get the latest version is to download and build the image your self or try the link provide by tubehunter.

I'm Josie.

Oh.. So doesn't the update feature in moode work then? It's worked before.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Barry.

Oh.. So doesn't the update feature in moode work then? It's worked before.

Not for updating to ver 4 from a earlier version or for updating to ver 4 final from ver 4 beta. Version 4 final out at the end of the month.

I'm John.

No .img downloads and no updates at present, and any future updates will probably have to be implemented via ssh.
    Tim has said that the final release of Moode 4.0 should be available by the end of the month. It will have a simplified and streamlined build process. You build it by using Terminal on a Mac or Putty on Windows. Has to be built afresh, not possible to update to it.
    EDIT: Was typing this while Kit1cat's post above appeared.

I'm Mel.

In very brief and simple terms,

This build v update situation came about as a result of the licensing rules relating to open source Linux code.

Tim’s Moode code is dependant on additional Open source code developed by others and if Tim incorporates such code into his product he has to comply by the same strict rules.

At the point Moode version 3 was offered via a compulsary donation it is deemed to have been sold and came to the attention of others whose code was also being used but for which they receive no benefit.

It then seems Tim had to adopt an alternate development and delivery approach which complies with the open source rules. Hopefully the final product will get to the point where it can be delivered and updated as part of a normal Linux install process in the same way as open office and all other apps you can install into the base Pi Linux operating system

Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; 23-01-2018 at 11:38.

I'm Josie.

Ah.. Thanks for the information.

Does Tim still post here? Not seen him for a while.

Okay.. I'll reinstall it. Never done it before like this. Easy to do?

Any good sound updates?

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Mel.

Ah.. Thanks for the information.

Does Tim still post here? Not seen him for a while.

Okay.. I'll reinstall it. Never done it before like this. Easy to do?

Any good sound updates?

Tim is very active on the DIYaudio forum where he is getting help with the the development and testing of Version 4.

The new version does have new functionality and a slightly different look with background options, etc

At this stage of development I would stick with the non beta version 3.x you have and await the final version. However if you have a couple of spare sd cards (and time) give the new beta version a try but if you are not comfortable with basic Linux command functions make sure you keep a copy of your current working version in case you have any problems.

Mel

I'm Josie.

I think I will. Thanks.

It sounds way too complicated to install.

Hope v4 will be easier.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Barry.

+ Reply to Thread