+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi,

Correct. The Boss driver is only in the Advanced kernels in this release of Moode, however there is a bug preventing the driver from appearing in the list.

-Tim
    Thanks for the suggestions all.

And thanks Tim for the clarification, I guess I'll just wait for the in-place update. If possible, could you be so kind as to post something here to announce when this bugfix has been released?

Cheers,
    Luke

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions all.

And thanks Tim for the clarification, I guess I'll just wait for the in-place update. If possible, could you be so kind as to post something here to announce when this bugfix has been released?

Cheers,
    Luke
    Hi Luke,

Sure no prob.

-Tim

I'm Rob.

Default BBC Radio 3 FLAC trial

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFresh View Post
    Hi Tim,

Here it is, apparently only working on recent versions of the Firefox browser for the time being:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/taster/projects...adio_and_music
    Some interesting experiments being described here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ux/jOchsTCDRsQ

Any of that useful, Tim?
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Some interesting experiments being described here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ux/jOchsTCDRsQ

Any of that useful, Tim?
    Hi Rob,

I never quite understood BBC's move to HLS format and can't make sense of their latest experiment. Maybe this new streaming format is more efficient for Mobiles?

When a set of direct-stream URLs emerges, and assuming there is codec support in ffmpeg for the audio format, I'll start testing :-)

-Tim

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Rob,

I never quite understood BBC's move to HLS format and can't make sense of their latest experiment. Maybe this new streaming format is more efficient for Mobiles?

When a set of direct-stream URLs emerges, and assuming there is codec support in ffmpeg for the audio format, I'll start testing :-)

-Tim
    Understood. The latest v3.0.0 nightlies of VLC allow the BBC stream to be played, so hopefully ffmpeg will follow soon? URL for use with VLC is

https://vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs...t_manifest.mpd

Sounds very very good BTW!
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Josie.

Just downloaded and unlocked.... Thanks Tim
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Rod.

Default Some albums being missed off scan on local attached 2.5" USB HDD.

Hi Tim

I've been using the latest Moode 3.5 for a few days now, sounds wonderful through my main system using rebuilt vintage Leak TL12+ valve monoblocks from the 1950's and refurbished Celestion 66 Studio Monitors from 1972. I'm using a Chord Mojo as the DAC and as a preamp as it has a rather good volume control built in with the Pi3 and a Justboom Digi HAT on the Pi3 wired directly to the SPDIF input of the Mojo (to bypass the rather flimsy SPDIF socket on the Digi HAT).

Moode 3.5 seems to offer better resolution with the RT kernel mod activated. Very impressed overall and many thanks for your hard work, it is delivering some of the best sounds I have heard through my system - tremendous resolution and very musical.

I've tried to keep things as simple as possible having tried using a NAS server but was getting audio drop outs caused by ,of all things, high current electrical devices when they switch on and off - dehumidifier and oven - something to be aware of - it's definitely not the software. I've tried to suppress them but no joy yet, so I am now using a local 2.5" USB HDD (ext3 format) which seems to help and have even tried battery power to the Pi3 to fully 'isolate' the source system as the Mojo is battery powered also. If not using a battery then a good linear power supply is vital to get a good sound from the Pi3/HAT.

My main problem now is that the library in Moode seems to update from the USB HDD drive but only shows a majority of the albums present but not all of them.
    I've tried refreshing the library by disconnecting the USB then updating the database then reconnecting but it always misses out the same albums......the updating never seems to end even left overnight (database has about a 200 hundred albums, so not too many) I get no blinking of the power led to show any 'low power' problems.
    I have a folder with mkv movies on the USB drive along with the audio files in a separate folder and have used your hint using the .mpdignore file with an * to prevent these movie files being scanned, but still no joy with lost albums being found in the scan. Any ideas? Doing a scan from NAS for the same content works fine so it can't be the actual audio files.....

Really like to get all my audio content showing up - doesn't seem to like most of my Floyd albums........bummer.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by rodthebod View Post
    Hi Tim

I've been using the latest Moode 3.5 for a few days now, sounds wonderful through my main system using rebuilt vintage Leak TL12+ valve monoblocks from the 1950's and refurbished Celestion 66 Studio Monitors from 1972. I'm using a Chord Mojo as the DAC and as a preamp as it has a rather good volume control built in with the Pi3 and a Justboom Digi HAT on the Pi3 wired directly to the SPDIF input of the Mojo (to bypass the rather flimsy SPDIF socket on the Digi HAT).

Moode 3.5 seems to offer better resolution with the RT kernel mod activated. Very impressed overall and many thanks for your hard work, it is delivering some of the best sounds I have heard through my system - tremendous resolution and very musical.

I've tried to keep things as simple as possible having tried using a NAS server but was getting audio drop outs caused by ,of all things, high current electrical devices when they switch on and off - dehumidifier and oven - something to be aware of - it's definitely not the software. I've tried to suppress them but no joy yet, so I am now using a local 2.5" USB HDD (ext3 format) which seems to help and have even tried battery power to the Pi3 to fully 'isolate' the source system as the Mojo is battery powered also. If not using a battery then a good linear power supply is vital to get a good sound from the Pi3/HAT.

My main problem now is that the library in Moode seems to update from the USB HDD drive but only shows a majority of the albums present but not all of them.
    I've tried refreshing the library by disconnecting the USB then updating the database then reconnecting but it always misses out the same albums......the updating never seems to end even left overnight (database has about a 200 hundred albums, so not too many) I get no blinking of the power led to show any 'low power' problems.
    I have a folder with mkv movies on the USB drive along with the audio files in a separate folder and have used your hint using the .mpdignore file with an * to prevent these movie files being scanned, but still no joy with lost albums being found in the scan. Any ideas? Doing a scan from NAS for the same content works fine so it can't be the actual audio files.....

Really like to get all my audio content showing up - doesn't seem to like most of my Floyd albums........bummer.
    Hi Rod,

Couple of things:

1) The Library loader uses Genre, Artist and Album tags to generate the array thats used to populate the Library panel. If any of these tags are missing in a song file the loader assigns the pseudo tag "Unknown".

2) If the Library is opened before the update/rescan is finished, it will be incomplete due to its caching mechanism.

3) The "updating" spinner sometimes never clears even though the update/rescan has completed.

How to troubleshoot

- If the missing albums show up under Genre, Artist, Album = "Unknown" then the issue is missing tags.

- If the Albums don't show up in the Browse panel (MPD skipped over them) then most likely the files are corrupt in some way, or there is a permission issue on the folder containing the files or the files themselves. MPD needs +x permission on the folder containing the files.

- You can monitor database update/rescan progress in two ways. One is to periodically open Browse/USB/.. to see if the list of Albums is complete. The other is to carry out the process below.

a) System config, Clear system logs YES
    b) ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
    c) tail -f /var/log/mpd/mpd.log
    d) Source config, RESCAN MPD DB

The MPD log will show "updated" lines for each file added to the database and "error" lines for files that it cannot read

e) When update is finished run the command below to see all the "error" lines

cat /var/log/mpd/mpd.log | grep "error"

-Tim

I'm Rod.

Thanks for the rapid reply Tim

I'll recheck the offending albums on the USB HDD, they could have been corrupted when I copied them over.

I'm on a Mac and I'm getting this in terminal:

pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ tail -f var/log/mpd.log
    tail: cannot open ‘var/log/mpd.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
    tail: no files remaining
    pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ tail -f /mpd.log
    tail: cannot open ‘/mpd.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
    pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ ls
    mpd.log
    pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $

Bear with me please, I'm not familiar with linux.....

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by rodthebod View Post
    Thanks for the rapid reply Tim

I'll recheck the offending albums on the USB HDD, they could have been corrupted when I copied them over.

I'm on a Mac and I'm getting this in terminal:

pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ tail -f var/log/mpd.log
    tail: cannot open ‘var/log/mpd.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
    pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ tail -f /mpd.log
    tail: cannot open ‘/mpd.log’ for reading: No such file or directory
    pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $ ls
    mpd.log
    pi@moode:/var/log/mpd $

Bear with me please, I'm not familiar with linux.....
    Hi Rod,

After ssh pi@moode you should be at the prompt

pi@moode:~ $

Just type in

tail -f /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

Then in Moode Source config click RESCAN MPD DB

The terminal screen will start scrolling listing what MPD is doing. When it stops scrolling and just sits there on the last file, the RESCAN will have finished.

Type Ctrl-c to exit the tail command and return to the prompt.

-Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast