+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Moode Player Help

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The bass extra eq button causes all my sound to cut out...maybe a faukt?
    Hi Grant,

Probably killing the CPU. Are u running either of the Adv kernels?

-Tim

I'm Grant.

No not yet. Didn't know if they were worth playing with in case I wrote it all off
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Al.

Default Very basic question

I have Moode 3.5 running on my Rpi B into my DDDAC dac and I have to say the 1794 NOS driver has made all the difference when compared to several other players I have tried. There is a definite increase in depth and separation, so I want to thank you Tim for the fantastic work in creating this player and engineering the driver

I am still overwhelmed by some of the settings though, particularly in the MPD configuration window but leaving well alone as it works at the moment.

Apart from the set up guide is there a guide or manual anywhere that covers some of the other settings?

Also I intend to upgrade my DDDAC soon and want to ask will the latest RPI be a better device for Moode to run on? I'm going to get the latest RPI anyway since I inteng to add the Kali Reclocker which piggy backs the RPI and makes connections easy.

I'm Mel.

Default DSD Files

Running 3.5 I now find the volume control does not work when playing DSD files - all default settings as per the original install. Switching the software volume control to zero does switch off the sound but after that it seems like its just (full ?) on with no control

Switching DSD over PCM stopped any DSD file playing

Switching re-sampling on enabled the software volume control with DSD files but playback then became very fragmented (about 2 secs music then cut out with slight pop/click noise and repeated as it plays).

DSD files of 128 or 256 only play in a fragmented (stop/start) fashion but 96 play fine.

I don't recall experiencing these issues with 3.1 but can test it as I have other units still on 2.7 and 3.1

Mel

I'm Rob.

Hi Tim

Just got 3.5 up and running.

One problem - I use the HiFiBerry Digi+ card. Previously I could disable the ALSA volume control so the output was fixed at 100% (I control the volume manually via my Beresford SEG DAC). Perhaps I'm doing something wrong in 3.5 but can't see a way to sort this out.

Otherwise seems to be working nicely so far in initial tests

Rob
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Hi Tim

Just got 3.5 up and running.

One problem - I use the HiFiBerry Digi+ card. Previously I could disable the ALSA volume control so the output was fixed at 100% (I control the volume manually via my Beresford SEG DAC). Perhaps I'm doing something wrong in 3.5 but can't see a way to sort this out.

Otherwise seems to be working nicely so far in initial tests

Rob
    Hi Rob,

To get 0dB (100%) volume output set MPD volume control to "disabled".

-Tim

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Running 3.5 I now find the volume control does not work when playing DSD files - all default settings as per the original install. Switching the software volume control to zero does switch off the sound but after that it seems like its just (full ?) on with no control

Switching re-sampling on enabled the software volume control with DSD files but playback then became very fragmented (about 2 secs music then cut out with slight pop/click noise and repeated as it plays).

DSD files of 128 or 256 only play in a fragmented (stop/start) fashion but 96 play fine.

I don't recall experiencing these issues with 3.1 but can test it as I have other units still on 2.7 and 3.1

Mel
    Hi Mel,

- AFAIK MPD does not support volume for DSD when using dsd --> pcm on-the-fly conversion. Its either 0 or 100%. Volume control should work if using DoP or when using resampling. I'll retest to be sure.

- If DoP=Yes then audio device has to support DoP protocol otherwise noise or no sound.

- DSD256 is not supported, only DSD64 in Standard kernel and DSD64, DSD128 in Advanced kernels.

- When playing DSD128 set the resampling rate to 352.8.

-Tim

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
    Hi Rob,

To get 0dB (100%) volume output set MPD volume control to "disabled".

-Tim
    Perfect! Thanks ,Tim. I missed that sub-menu!

All working well now
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post

Mel
    Hi Mel,

Retested and hopefully the explanation below helps. Personally, I think there is room for improvement in MPD's support for DSD format.

DSD over I2S
    #########

VOLUME CONTROL

0db (100%) volume occurs if all of the settings below are true. This is because MPD software volume control has no method for DSD volume yet, only PCM.

- Software volume
    - Resampling disabled
    - DoP no

The workaround is to either turn on MPD resampling or use an audio device that supports Hardware volume and then set MPD volume control to Hardware.

DSD OVER PCM (DoP)

The audio device must support DoP protocol otherwise output will be noise or no sound if DoP is set to Yes.

DSD SUPPORT IN STANDARD AND ADVANCED KERNELS

Standard kernel suports DSD64
    Advanced kernels support DSD64, DSD128

AUDIO GLITCHES WHEN PLAYING DSD128

The following MPD configs will usually cause audio glitches with DSD128

- DoP = no
    - Resampling = disabled or resampling at >192k using Very High Quality

CONCLUSION

The most painless configfor audio devices that don't support DoP is an audio device with Hardware volume control and playing DSD64 files. This just works. If using DSD128 files then add "set resampling to 24/352.8, High Quality.

-Tim

I'm Luke.

I'm having a very hard time getting my Allo Boss Dac to make any sound on MoOde 3.5 - can anyone give me any pointers?

I had it working on Volumio until yesterday, so I know that it works, but trying to set it up in MoOde has me flummoxed - I have used MoOde almost exclusively for years with an IQaudio dac, so know how to set it up (so I thought!).

I'm a bit confused as to why there are two ways of selecting your I2S dac: in configure>audio>devices (but Allo Boss isn't listed here so what do I select?!), and then also in the customise section (obviously I select Allo Boss here, but why is this not in the other list?).

Also, I had the option of hardware volume control in Volumio, but it says hardware option not detected in MoOde...

What am I doing wrong? :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast