Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eisener Bart's Tuning Room

I'm Sergio.

Thank you.

No, it's vibroabsorber.

Future is bright, great and positive.

I'm Sergio.

Default New Power Amps

I finally bought a pair of Nuprime STA-9. It works in bridged mode now, but I plan to shift it into so called "vertical bi-amping" upon buying of Pre Amp with 2 pair of output XLRs.

I'm Geoff.

i wonder if this approach will give you what you want. I have a pair of STA-9s though I tried using just one in stereo mode to compare the sound with the bridged mode. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the single unit drove my Magneplanar speakers. However, I found that the sound of the STA-9 in bridged mode changed significantly. Yes, the greater power output helped to increase bass depth and control and improve dynamics. Beyond that the sound quality changed somewhat in bridged mode: it became more valve like with better imaging, more detail and faster transients. I cannot suggest why this may be the case but I wonder if those same benefits will be forthcoming in your "vertical" configuration.

Geoff

I'm Sergio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    i wonder if this approach will give you what you want. I have a pair of STA-9s though I tried using just one in stereo mode to compare the sound with the bridged mode. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the single unit drove my Magneplanar speakers. However, I found that the sound of the STA-9 in bridged mode changed significantly. Yes, the greater power output helped to increase bass depth and control and improve dynamics. Beyond that the sound quality changed somewhat in bridged mode: it became more valve like with better imaging, more detail and faster transients. I cannot suggest why this may be the case but I wonder if those same benefits will be forthcoming in your "vertical" configuration.

Geoff
    Power will be enough in vertical configuration, even 1 STA-9 could control my speakers (Audio Physic Avanti, not so simple!).
    Also - specific moment - I have to use original connection link of speakers between upper an down contact groups. When I will
    get opportunity to control 4 channels - I will remove this link and use 2 pairs of identical Acoustic Revive SPC Reference. And - additionally - I will remove as well intermediate connections between speakers contacts and cables contacts (those intermediate connectors hold the connection link entirely). It may be hard to imagine this construction without photos, but removing of such
    contacting group from the path of signal will give me more preference.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisener Bart View Post
    Power will be enough in vertical configuration, even 1 STA-9 could control my speakers (Audio Physic Avanti, not so simple!).
    Also - specific moment - I have to use original connection link of speakers between upper an down contact groups. When I will
    get opportunity to control 4 channels - I will remove this link and use 2 pairs of identical Acoustic Revive SPC Reference. And - additionally - I will remove as well intermediate connections between speakers contacts and cables contacts (those intermediate connectors hold the connection link entirely). It may be hard to imagine this construction without photos, but removing of such
    contacting group from the path of signal will give me more preference.
    I agree that the power is not a problem. The STA-9 is impressive as a stereo amplifier. The point I was making is that the sound quality of the STA-9 changes in bridged mode.

Geoff

I'm Sergio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I agree that the power is not a problem. The STA-9 is impressive as a stereo amplifier. The point I was making is that the sound quality of the STA-9 changes in bridged mode.

Geoff
    hard to say. better control under speakers just show better sound.

I'm Sergio.

Default New Power Cables

Now I am ready to show new cables.

I had 1 power cable (3 m length) for my prevoius Power Amp from T+A brand.

But I have 2 monoblocks now which are located near the sockets. What to do? Right, make 2 pcs Power Cable from 1 long.

I bought 2 Neotech connectors (same I have on this long Power Cable), cut long cable on 2 shorter pieces and installed new connectors.

I'm Sergio.

Default New Neotech Rhodium connectors

I wanted to replace my connectors on speakers cables.

Top Neotech Rhodium connectors replaced previous shit.

I'm Sergio.

Default New balanced cables

Then 2 new balanced interconnect cables were assembled from Neotech NEI-3002 OCC/SPUPOCC hybrid interconnect cable.

I'm gordan.

the lovely ELAC deck on the rack, what's the use of it?
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast