+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackney's set up

I'm Loz.

Default Hackney's set up

Hi folks

So I got around to taking some photographs of my kit. I was a little apprehensive at first. Some of the equipment people have on here is really jaw droopingly good and at times the knowledge people have is, well....intimidating. But never once have I felt intimidated on here, indeed quite the opposite. It's a really friendly, open and inviting forum with not a sniff of Hi-Fi snobbery or elitism.

Anyway here is a few photos of my set up. I'm always open to suggestions/thoughts on it, so don't be shy. It will evolve over time, things will come and go, things may start to look different. I'll update as it does.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Josie.

Cool.. simple and clean... I likes it.

love the TT.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nowt wrong with that little lot. Takes up less space than mine, that's for sure..
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Andrew.

Nothing wrong with that system, nice tidy and so long as you get enjoyment out of that's all that matters.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Rich.

Looks like a nice tidy set up, lovely TT.

I can't stand hifi snobbery either, nice to have a forum free of it.

If someone really enjoys what they are listening to then they have a great system, whatever it is.

I'm Mike.

Great looking rig Loz; nothing at all wrong with that
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Cool.. simple and clean... I likes it.

love the TT.

Very nice! Love the look of the Thorens.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Geoff.

Very smart!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Nice one Loz

I'm Steve.

Lovely kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast