+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: denon dl-160 loading advice

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've always used the DL-160s I've owned into regular 47k loading and not had any bother with tonal balance or output levels.
    me neither,it was just slighty better on mc which is why i asked the question,further googling and it seemed others used it on different settings,anyway its grants fault for giving me the options to try!
    its off the arm now,im just setting up the mp500,paracetamol at the ready!

im not knocking it grant by the way,its a lovely cartridge.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

That should be an enjoyable experience Jamie. Supposed to be a lovely cart.wish i were puting it on my tt...enjoy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

i hate it,i always end up with a massive tension headache,no pain no gain as they say!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Richard.

I have a few dl110s as backup carts - I never liked them into MM Naim cards, far preferring MC cards (like lifting a cardboard box from over speakers ). Even having it into my Croft MM stage while good it always left me wanting a bit more sparkle. Now I have a headamp I will one day try it on low gain setting in between cart and Croft. If it sounds better into an MC stage, it is better

I'm Geoff.

Keep the DL-160. It's a great back-up cart and decent ones are getting harder to find.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I remember trying a DL110 into an MC load and a silly grin coming over my face I could be totally wrong and probably am here, but pulling the load down from a nominal 47k to 100 ohms might just pull the output down enough not to overload an MC input.

Now the DL160's gone, the DL110 is making new friends again all over. It's stable and works in all manner of tonearms from a lightweight Grace 707 to a massier Jelco and the techie arm in between
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Alan.

Im using my DL160 into my paradise Phono stage 55db gain and 100ohms loading sounds superb
    I have a cambidge 640P phono and I prefer the same cart through the MC there as well.

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12