+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Denmark

I'm Lars.

Default Greetings from Denmark

Hei. I signed up yesterday, so I'll just pop in here and say hello for a start. I'm 47 and have been into hi-fi for some years now and do have my "final" hi-fi equipment put together after some years (and money) of upgrading. I'll post pictures of that at a later time. I found this site and choose it because it seems to be an active and serious forum. The Danish forums is become quite inactive these days. I've got the feeling that we were only a handful left on the sites. My interest for quality sound comes for my love of collecting and listening to music. Mainly LP's and the occasional CD (if it's not out on vinyl). I'm looking forward to some interesting threads and maybe be able to give and get some good advice about things regarding hi-fi and music.

I'm Steve.

Hi Lars

Good to have you here. Tell us more about your system and musical interests. We eagerly await the pictures.

I'm Alan.

Hello Lars,
    Welcome to the AoS from me, nice to see another vinyl spinner on here, looking forward to your photos and stories about your musical tastes.

enjoy your music

cheers Al
    My system,

Cartridges Lyra Delos, Audio Technica AT33EVmc, AT 24 mm
    Turntable Thorens TD 124 Mk2, in a Jim Campbel plinth,Audio Technica 1503 Mk3 arm
    CD player Technics SL-PG490
    Cassette deck Yamaha KX 530
    Moving Coil Amp Albarry MCA 11
    Pre-amplifier Albarry AP 11 (battery powered)
    Power amps Albarry M1108 Mono-blocs
    Speakers Allison 3 Corner units, Allison 6 stand mounted cubes
    Interconnects AVT Matrix 6 and OFC short ones
    Mains distribution Music Works Recoil 6 gang and mains leads
    Tables MusicWorks ReVo acrylic stand, Quadraspire Acrylic shelves (cryo'd legs) acrylic Response Mini under mains block.
    Speaker cable Chord Rumour (Cryo'd)
    RCM Okki Nokki
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586...homepage_panel

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Lars, and welcome. We like pictures here! :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Hello Lars. Welcome to AOS.

We'd like to know what music you listen to and please tell us more about your Hi-Fi system.

What equipment are you using and do you have plans for changes?

System photos are always welcome and there is a Gallery section for them.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Welcome lars. Look forward to your contributions
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anthony.

Hi Lars
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Lars.

I'll post some pics and write about my system when I figure out how. Got to read the FAQ on that. I listen to different kind of music such as rock, alternative country and the old classics like Bowie, Sade, Peter Gabriel, and so on. But my main music interest is jazz and electronic music. I've always have some interest regarding the last two genres, but it really took off some ten years ago when my system started to sound more like hi-fi than stereo, if you know what I mean. My current hi-fi has a high degree of details and especially jazz recordings and electronic music, both older stuff and brand new recordings, is usually very well produced by people who know what good sound is. When I listen to different kind of music, I found myself focusing on the lyrics or that great guitar solo and so on. It's kind of a mental musical experience that I enjoy. But jazz and electronic music takes me even further: I just kind of flow in to the music as a hole and stop thinking. I don't know why this kind of music has that effect on me, but it's very relaxing. Needless to say I listen to music in the best chair in front of my speakers with the volume cranked up

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Needless to say I listen to music in the best chair in front of my speakers with the volume cranked up
    Now that's my kinda person - best seat in the house, loud and proud.................. cant fault you I know you cant do that with jazz but you've got the right credentials !!!

Welcome to AOS
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Lars.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    Now that's my kinda person - best seat in the house, loud and proud.................. cant fault you I know you cant do that with jazz but you've got the right credentials !!!

Welcome to AOS
    No, not with jazz..but I do have some noisy guitar somewhere in my record collection too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast