+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Yamaha toy (I mean amp) for my office!

I'm Dan.

Default New Yamaha toy (I mean amp) for my office!

Excuse the placement of this system; I've just ripped out my home office to have the ceiling skimmed and a few extra plug sockets fitted before decorating, so working out of our dining room currently!

Treated myself to a Yamaha R-N301 integrated amp/receiver last week, it was offered to me at a stupid price as it was ex-demo but it'd never been used! Basically, it's new!!!

Out of the box it sounds bloody brilliant! Fluid, warm, but a punchy sound and bags of power!

This is the spec sheet: http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/aud..._g/?mode=model

I wanted it for a) decent internet radio (it uses vTuner and easy to set up the stations you want to listen to via the web), b) faultless AirPlay streaming and c) because it looks cool/retro

It's connected via a Netgear universal ethernet bridge currently; but it'll be hardwired into my Virgin SuperHub 2 when the office is all back together. They don't come with wifi installed, but it's so easy to sort doing it as I have and certainly not worth spending the £60 or so for the bespoke Yamaha plug in wireless dongle!

I'll also connect my Mac Mini to it via optical when it's back in the office, apparently the DAC in these is very good!

My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

I'm gone.

Ah, I do like those retro Yammy looks!

-- all you need now is a nice turntable to connect it up to.

I'm Dan.

Nah; no room for a TT and no vinyl to put on it!

I like the streaming side of music now, much to the wives chagrin as she's nowhere to put her CD's... Well, nowhere polite!
    My Office : M2 Mac Mini Pro > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via Apple Music > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > Arcam Alpha 10 integrated > B&W 602 S3s or AE109 speakers - Van Damme cables

+ Reply to Thread