+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lampiaztor

I'm Justin.

Rob's I presume. Yes it is great

I'm Scott.

Got the Lampiaztor up and running. Having to use old amp for time being as didn't have time to get fuses
    Plugged in to CD player with Golden gate 300b's sounds amazing even with old amp. Have changed valves to 101d a lot more slam and 3D soundstage is something else.
    Will give DSD a go tomorrow going to leave it on all night again to try and run caps in a bit
    It's safe to say I'm very happy
    My mate has the Golden Gate coming with the copper chassis. That Dac is world class full stop!

I'm Scott.

Lampi has been left on since Friday
    Played cd again today through Lampi and can not believe sound. Baring in mind that my dedicated spdif cable isn't coming till this Friday and I'm just using £15 one from Maplins also running old Arcam amp.
    The sound is stunning 3-D imaging is incredible soundstage is all around
    Played John Grants - Pale Green Ghosts. It sounded very analogue very non fatiguing on the ears lots of bloom, quite lush to be honest.
    I ripped the cd to Jriver and converted it to DSD using BMC USB cable and gave that a listen. Somehow it managed to sound better clearer more detail and as before the music was all around me dancing around in my ears. I didn't even know you can hear music like this? Quite incredible really! Safe to say I'm very happy. I'm sure as time goes on it will only get better as everything opens up and I get all the right cables and such.

I'm Sergio.

Quote Originally Posted by vegman1973 View Post

New Dac arrived spent 3 hours trying to get it to work. Discovered fuse has gone in amp. What a day changed all tubes thought I was going mad. Hopefully get new fuses tomorrow and sort this out
    Congratulations!
    Try to use some audiophile fuses.
    I always got amazing results.
    Future is bright, great and positive.

I'm Scott.

Audiophile fuses in plug? Got Missing Link opus f power cable coming this week.

I'm Sergio.

Audiophile fuses in plug? Got Missing Link opus f power cable coming this week.
    I forgot that british plug has fuse inside.
    I mean - in unit.
    But I think it will work in plug as well.

I'm Scott.

In the lampi? I'm not changing fuses in that? I think the power lead will have audiophile fuse in. Thanks for advice though

I'm Sergio.

In the lampi? I'm not changing fuses in that? I think the power lead will have audiophile fuse in. Thanks for advice though
    Scott, there should be some fuse in unit. I met only 1 time in my life audiophile fuse was installed in unit by manufacturer (it was AMR DP-777). in 3 units of T+A I found 14 (!) fuses, upon replacemet all result was amazing.

I'm Scott.

The Lampiaztor is amazing I won't be opening it up to mess with fuses
    Maybe on plugs but not the Dac

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12