+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wad kel84 power amplifier

I'm Grant.

Default Wad kel84 power amplifier

Lovely 26 watt el84 vave power amp. Has uprated capacitors and valves. Curret valves as shown are the best ive tried so far. 2 valvo ecf80 and 4 Reflektor El84's. Total costs of upgrades were over £90. Bought this in April from Petrat for about 370 ... it had a cap go faulty which has been replaced and its working perfectly again. Has a very light scrstch on front which can only be seen at certsin angles. I couldn't capture it.
    So say £360 delivered. A bargain imo

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Lovely amp for the money folks
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Lovely amp for any money Grant. Have you listed it on hififorsale? Seems a good place to get a sale.

I'm Grant.

Only here at moment Andrew. Like to keep it in the community, but if needs must then so be it... Folk will have a hard time finding a a valve amp anywhere near its quality for this price.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

I have the integrated version of this and it is wonderful. I can only imagine that this power amp will sound just as gorgeous. I'm a tiny bit tempted, but I don't have a preamp to go with it and I don't know what it would do better than my integrated. So, I'm going to turn my eyes away from temptation this time. Good luck with the sale. This is a bargain.
    Peter

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by symon View Post
    I have the integrated version of this and it is wonderful. I can only imagine that this power amp will sound just as gorgeous. I'm a tiny bit tempted, but I don't have a preamp to go with it and I don't know what it would do better than my integrated. So, I'm going to turn my eyes away from temptation this time. Good luck with the sale. This is a bargain.
    Its the same amp minus the switchgear Peter. But it allows you to use better vc to control it.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Sunday bump for this
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Find it surprising that nobody wants this, but alas it seems that way. May have to go on ebay.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Find it surprising that nobody wants this, but alas it seems that way. May have to go on ebay.
    Yes. A good EL84 amp sounds really musical. I'd think this one should sound rather like the Leak Stereo 20. One of my favourites. If I hadn't already got more than my quota of amps I'd be interested.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. A good EL84 amp sounds really musical. I'd think this one should sound rather like the Leak Stereo 20. One of my favourites. If I hadn't already got more than my quota of amps I'd be interested.
    No love being found for this alas. sounds fabulous too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast