+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie.. well sort of.

I'm rodney.

Default newbie.. well sort of.

Hello everyone, from brisbane Australia. I am in the process of building a basic budget home system, i used to dj trance music 15 years ago and have changed and refined my tastes. I now enjoy lots of different music including all types of electronic dance music, rap/hip hop, some pop and classical.
    My current set up is a pair of Mission M74 floor standing speakers and i have my Technics 1200 TT, no amp just yet. i did have a two channel power amp and large pa speakers but they have recently been sold. when i want to enjoy music now i have a vintage pair of open pioneer headphones.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS, I hope you find what you need here and enjoy the forum.

Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Hi Rodney. Welcome to AOS.

If you're putting a system together, you'll find loads of info here. Every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered.

If you have questions, just find the appropriate section and ask. Or for general Hi-Fi chat use the Blank Canvas area.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Rodney.

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Hi Rodney

I better behave myself with my replies - I think some people are finding my comments more nutty than helpful. I like to be light-hearted; life is always too bloody serious isnt it Anyways, let your own ears do the talking; (that's a strange contrary statement isn't it) basically what I am trying to say is let your own ears tell you what sounds good if/when you audition something. Nobody else has to listen (long term) to it other than you so, its you who should decide what to buy by judging the sound for yourself. Recommendations are simply that - auditioning and judging what sounds good to your ears is what counts

I hope that is helpful

Regards from (one of the) nutter of the forum
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Rodney.

Geoff.

I'm Steve.

Welcome

+ Reply to Thread