+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eterna watch

I'm James.

Default Eterna watch

I have an Eterna watch left to me by my late dad, strap knakt so I'm trying to get a genuine replacement,bit pricey but worth it to me, Eterna in Switzerland won't reply and the geezers that service em want me to send it via post, only 3 official places in uk, any ideas? Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Does it have to be an eterna strap. Used to collect watches etc but I never bothered too much about straps. I would just get a good quality leather replacement personally but if it has to be then a risk is going to have to be taken in sending it away
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Does it have to be an eterna strap. Used to collect watches etc but I never bothered too much about straps. I would just get a good quality leather replacement personally but if it has to be then a risk is going to have to be taken in sending it away
    My thoughts exactly.
    Barry

I'm inthescottishmafia.

+1. When my brother died, I inherited his Raymond Weil. The leather strap was pretty much buggered. I baulked at the £450 plus for a replacement, found a chunky metal strap online which I think suits the watch better anyway.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

Thing is it has a lovely clasp,the none OE straps I've tried won't accommodate this clasp,I'm very much attached to the watch and if got lost into post, well I'd be heart broken
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Thing is it has a lovely clasp,the none OE straps I've tried won't accommodate this clasp,I'm very much attached to the watch and if got lost into post, well I'd be heart broken
    James I know exactly what you mean when you say you are very much attached to the watch and don't want to risk postage, however if you use the very best postage service then it would certainly minimise your risk. I always use Post Office Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm service, this post is sent quite separately to 'normal' post and gets handled much less and gives you a fully tracked, signed for and properly insured service

People have moaned sometimes about my expensive postage but that's because I like to use the best for any items of value

Don't know if that helps at all..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It may well be cheaper to have a bespoke strap made that will accommodate the clasp.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    James I know exactly what you mean when you say you are very much attached to the watch and don't want to risk postage, however if you use the very best postage service then it would certainly minimise your risk. I always use Post Office Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm service, this post is sent quite separately to 'normal' post and gets handled much less and gives you a fully tracked, signed for and properly insured service

People have moaned sometimes about my expensive postage but that's because I like to use the best for any items of value

Don't know if that helps at all..
    Let's say, I have knowledge of this service its great,but I won't send this watch via it or any ,though if it was something I'd bought, yes, its too much to lose for me, happen I'll av to find the time to travel, jim

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    It may well be cheaper to have a bespoke strap made that will accommodate the clasp.
    I think you may well be right, found one £190!!!!!!!!! Still if it works its better than £300!!, a lot of pennies either way

I'm Josie.

I recommend that you take your watch to a good reputable Jeweller, they send it off and have to have insurance to cover it. So it's their responsibility.

I've always done this. Never had anything go missing either.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast