+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porcupine Tree

I'm Jerry.

Default Porcupine Tree

Do I like them? I dont know....some lovely instrumental bits, rather dull singing and monotonous in places. Maybe I need to listen to a few more albums-I only know in absentia.
    Any of their work you like?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Dan.

This was in another thread somewhere, but I really like 'Stupid Dream' probably my favourite... lovely production on it and some great songs...

a later one 'Fear of a blank planet' a fair bit heavier, but still excellent...

If you don't really like the singing, have you tried the band 'Spock's Beard'? highly recommended, especially their first album 'The Light'

I'm Jerry.

Thanks Dan,
    I will give Spotify a go now I have it running on my SB3.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jim.

I would say "Deadwing" was the easiest to listen to?

Naim ND5 XS, nDAC, XP5 XS, 202, HC, NAPSC, 250.2, B&W 804s.
    AVR350, B&W HTM4, Gallo.
    Samsung, Oppo.

I'm ILOB.

Here is the thread Dan was refering too
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...porcupine+tree
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread