+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitor Audio Silver 6 Floorstanders

I'm Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    I had a pair of rs6 for a long time, wonderful speakers and after a month or two any harshness disappeared completely, wish I had room for another pair!
    How much are they worth secondhand?
    Regards
    Ray

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
    How much are they worth secondhand?
    Regards
    Ray
    Ray, mine went for around £350 about four years ago,might av been five, they were mint,I've. Seen em go for more recently on eBay, seen em go for less n'all if you could get them in tip top nick I'd pay £300/350. I found they needed some space around them,no port bungs, ooh I wish I could fit some in!!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Ray, mine went for around £350 about four years ago,might av been five, they were mint,I've. Seen em go for more recently on eBay, seen em go for less n'all if you could get them in tip top nick I'd pay £300/350. I found they needed some space around them,no port bungs, ooh I wish I could fit some in!!!
    Hi James
    I've been just been offered a pair, mint,boxed and all the accessories. £310.
    Regards
    Ray

I'm James.

Hi James
    I've been just been offered a pair, mint,boxed and all the accessories. £310.
    Regards
    Ray
    sounds a good deal to me, the ones on ebay at the moment are the best part of £400!!! , james
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Did you?

I'm richard.

Hi to all.
    Anyone owned a pair of these or even listened to them? I'd be very interested in what you have to say about them if indeed anyone has had a pair! Are they any good?

Regards
    Ray
    Not heard the new Silver 6s, but have owned the RS6s for around 6 years. Loved them. Really does depend what amplification you have. They don't appreciate upfront presentation and/or crummy room acoustics.

I've always found they go well with Arcam, Creek, Roksans (Kandy or Caspian) or any class A amp. Avoid IMO Cyrus, Naim, Rotel... any amp that has a tendency of fatiguing the listener.

I replaced my Arcam with a Leema Pulse: Leema + MAs very good combo. However, with over compressed CDs (remastered) they can sound a little mechanical. Now I have PMC TB2i with the Leema. Great combo.
    Leema Pulse MKI; Electrocompaniet PC-1; PMC TB2i; Denon TU-260 MKII; Pro-ject Xpression 1 with ClearAudio Classic Wood cartridge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12