+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Hello" from me (living just about 25 miles north of the birthplace of metal)

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Welcome to AOS Loz

Nice kit. I have a few bits of Pioneer kit, mostly tuners.

Would love to see some photos of your systems.

Regards Neil
    Thanks for the welcome (and everyone else Pics up on previous reply.
    Regards
    Loz.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Grant.

Thats a lovely stack Loz
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post

Thats a lovely stack Loz
    Thanks for that Grant It took a long time to acquire and assemble but it was worth it in the end. Would just like to get the little sound processor (only for show though) that was manufactured at around the same time just to finish it off. I think it was the SR-303.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

I'm Loz.

Ho Loz

Welcome to the AoS from another Loz. And yes I'm a Laurence too. Also originally from the Midlands but Coventry in my case. Hope you enjoy the forum. Love the look of your stack of gear there too. Very nice.

Cheers

Loz

I'm Loz.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Ho Loz

Welcome to the AoS from another Loz. And yes I'm a Laurence too. Also originally from the Midlands but Coventry in my case. Hope you enjoy the forum. Love the look of your stack of gear there too. Very nice.

Cheers

Loz
    Cheers Loz - its good to know you're amongst like minded friends and we're not clones, we're separate entities with a common interest You're from the Midlands aswell; you never know, the Midlands might start to get acknowledged as an actual area of England where people live, communities and ideas are alive...... and kicking at this rate

Thanks for the welcome !!

I'm Loz.

In answer to requests for pics of the rest of my system, here are pics of some of the other components of my system and a couple of other bits (REL Subwoofer, Pioneer Surround Amp and also Pioneer Tuner) I forgot to mention initially Also the name of the speaker cable is Chord Flatline. Will try to find my Leak Troughline amongst the boxes and put a pic of that up aswell

Hi-Fi 2.jpgIMG_2142.jpgIMG_2143.jpg
    Last edited by Us-&-Them; 18-08-2015 at 17:50.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    you never know, the Midlands might start to get acknowledged as an actual area of England where people live, communities and ideas are alive...... and kicking at this rate
    Hi Loz,

A big welcome from me, part time residing near Dudley when I am in the UK
    There are a few Midlands members on AoS, who have some very good sounding systems.

Will have to arrange a mini bake off some time to get the network expanded. Do you like real ale?

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Phil.

yes welcome . spent quite a while commuting to Walsall and happy memories of pelsall in particular
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Loz.

Thumbs up

Thanks Hifinutt & firebottle for the welcome messages. Yes its good to see that people from north of Watford Gap and south of the northern "powerhouse" are here and can be seen/heard as a living, breathing sector of the human population of England I dont drink myself, but for all those that do............ Cheers to you!!! Having only very recently joined this forum, I can see that there's plenty of activity on here and, that's what keeps good forums going........ information and no reservations about helping one another out - excellent !!!

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post
    I can see that there's plenty of activity on here and, that's what keeps good forums going........ information and no reservations about helping one another out - excellent !!!
    +1 for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123