I normally pass it by and just drive down to Bexhill on sea to avoid the traffic. But the restaurant that we normally visit in Bexhill is not what it used to be. the size of the steaks and spaghetti portions have shrunk in recent years. So I endured the two and a half hour snail's pace journey from Brighton this year into Eastbourne. I got a racing clutch fitted to my car so my left leg was killing me by the time I finally found a parking space. But it was well worth the effort. The pubs and restaurants by the sea front were packed to the rafters, with some of them only allowing people in if you had a special issued ticket. The long stretch of coastline also made it possible for the aircraft pilots to carry out manoeuvres that would not be possible anywhere else. One of the pilots even did a copy of the cobra acrobatic trick in a EFA 2000 Eurofighter Typhoon that the Russians first demonstrated with one of their fighters.
The noise was deafening! With all those buildings acting like sound reflectors you could hear even the smallest of airplane flying past even in the shopping centre.
I'll take my big camera with its longer lens next year with me. There was a Jessops close by to help out those who wanted to buy a camera in a hurry. But the £2299 Canon 5D was just outside my card spending limit... I also found an excellent Greek steak house. the T-bone steak was the biggest I ever got served anywhere in the UK.

If you like airshows, good food, and a few drinks then this yearly event is right up your street. But it does take some getting to on the day. Standing room only along the sea front on top of that.