+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saying Hello

I'm Alan.

Default Saying Hello

Hello folks, quite a few of you will know that I am a designer of valve based preamplifiers.

One of my strongly held commitments is providing an after sales service that is second to none, other industries that provide the same have always impressed me with their willingness to go the extra mile to ensure complete customer satisfaction.

I can provide bespoke cartridge loading characteristics, extra outputs or, within reason, any specific request.

The current preamp line up is as follows, with performance improving further down the list.

Firebottle Plus phono preamp. MM £399, MM/MC £499.
    The performance of this design is now improved with circuit design innovations from the KIN.

Firebottle 2 phono preamp. Two box (separate psu) compact design with superior coupling capacitors. £750.

The 'piece de resistance' is the
    Firebottle KIN line only or line/phono preamplifier. Using an innovative 'super linear' circuit design this offers world class performance.
    Line only £1250 or line/phono (MM+MC) £1750.

Under development is the phono only section of the KIN preamplifier, the Firebottle Tri.
    Projected price is MM £900 and MM/MC £1000.

Any questions please ask.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Alan. Good luck with your venture; I'm sure that AoS members will continue to support you, and your superb kit, as much ever!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nodrog.

Ronnie and I are happy to provide long term stress testing facilities of course

I'm Julian.

Hi Alan, could I ask what valves you are using with the line-only KIN?
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Alan.

Of course Julian, as is my 'mode d'emploi' I use unusual or less popular valves. The valve used is a PCC85 but the superior performance is down to the innovative 'super linear' circuit that I use.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Julian.

Thanks - does the design respond to 'tube rolling' or doesn't it matter as much in this case?
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Alan.

It doesn't matter as much as you have guessed.

I'm Alan.

Default Firebottle 2 phono stage for loan

An opportunity to try the Firebottle 2, let me know your details

I'm Ben.

I have just placed my order for the Firebottle plus with Alan.

Cant wait to receive it, his service so far has been excellent and apparently the FB+ sounds even better than the demo unit I currently have!

Will the new unit it need any kind of "running in" when received Alan?

cheers

Ben
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Alan.

Default KIN phono build, point to point.

I'm just in the process of building myself a KIN preamp, so that I can get the benefit of its elevated performance.

For those that like to see a hand built point to point construction I though I would post the first two stages of the RIAA preamp board.

The start:

Second stage before any components are fitted:

I can now carry on with the 'stuffing'...............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast