+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: What is the point of SACD?

I'm Martin.

Yes I'd agree, Most people are blissfully unaware that there can be different masterings of the same recording. But it does concern them if the recording is too dynamic because their car stereo can't cope. If the world just consisted of serious enthusiasts on one hand and people who never listened to music at all on the other we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Aaron.

Some years ago I went to see a live performance at Ronnie Scott's in London. The solo performer (who I shall not name) got very concerned about a noise that nobody else appeared to have noticed.

Eventually, by getting various things turned off and/or changed, he narrowed it down to a cooler. The audience wanted to listen to him play and appeared to feel that he was just being "precious". He accepted that the cooler would have to stay on but was clearly not happy about it.

A sobering evening, illustrating the difference between someone with very sensitive hearing and the listening public - fantastic music by the way, despite the inaudible cooler

I'm Sam.

Imagine the arrogance .... I'd guess just an attention seeker.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If the world just consisted of serious enthusiasts on one hand and people who never listened to music at all on the other we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
    Separate also the musicians and allow them to be into the music over sound quality and I'd agree it would be much better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233