+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homophobia in the UK audiophile industry

I can't quite see what one's sexuality or sexual preferences could influence one's taste of music. Why I have no objection to anyone from the LGBT community, what about those who are involved in multiple relationships, adulterers, and abstainers? And then you have the case of what kind of music wine, beer, rum, or whiskey drinkers prefer. I am of course drawing on personal experiences as examples.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Well you got my attention for the first and last time. I shall not read hifianswers again.

The nebulous "someone asked me" really riled - a typical journalistic fabrication could be a mere invention why not indicate who did this supposed asking?

You have the right to post here as a trade member. Just like all trade members should you not be posting this publicity for your web site (your product) in the trade area allotted to you?

I am a stubborn person when presumed upon as this attempt to promote your web site purports to be a friendly human (none trader) chat.
    Points noted and thank you.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. You're probably just a grumpy old sod like me.
    Yes, I guess that's true.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Dont really see the relevance of the thread tbh but i will move it to abstract for now.
    Thank you. Makes sense to me.

I'm Howard.

Well you got my attention for the first and last time. I shall not read hifianswers again.

The nebulous "someone asked me" really riled - a typical journalistic fabrication could be a mere invention why not indicate who did this supposed asking?

You have the right to post here as a trade member. Just like all trade members should you not be posting this publicity for your web site (your product) in the trade area allotted to you?

I am a stubborn person when presumed upon as this attempt to promote your web site purports to be a friendly human (none trader) chat.
    As an after thought, perhaps you might complain to Marco?

In answer to your question re the person who asked, they used a pseudonym with a numerical email address. It did cross my mind to engage GCHQ to identify the person to who had the temerity to even ask the question, but realized it would – correctly – be perceived by them as trivial request.

May I ask, do you have a view you’d like to share re historic (as far as we know) homophobia in the industry? Thank you. Howard

PS: Is there any reason why my opinions are subordinate to yours? I certainly don't feel mine are superior to yours.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I can't quite see what one's sexuality or sexual preferences could influence one's taste of music..
    Me neither.

However what I observed was a turntable maker attempting to influence the perception of a peer competitor with at least one retailer (i.e. me) in the 1980s through sexual innuendo rather than, say, comparative objective performance measurements, reliability / unreliability issues or excessive performance claims.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Popeck View Post
    As an after thought, perhaps you might complain to Marco?

In answer to your question re the person who asked, they used a pseudonym with a numerical email address. It did cross my mind to engage GCHQ to identify the person to who had the temerity to even ask the question, but realized it would – correctly – be perceived by them as trivial request.

May I ask, do you have a view you’d like to share re historic (as far as we know) homophobia in the industry? Thank you. Howard

PS: Is there any reason why my opinions are subordinate to yours? I certainly don't feel mine are superior to yours.
    Just to let you know I shall not be reading or replying to your posts and attempts at generating interest in your product. I am not interested in conversation with you. Were we in the physical world you and I would be in different rooms.

I'm Martin.

. Were we in the physical world you and I would be in different rooms.
    You are and you are.

So that's okay then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You are and you are.

So that's okay then.
    Unless Alan S is a ghost of course.

I'm Martin.

A bit difficult to post on the internet whilst leading a non-corporeal existence, though?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast