+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice wanted

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    I correlated all the advice last time and what it effectively did was eliminate most of my short list leaving just Kef and Monitor Audio.
    When I saw these I thought that Wharfedale was a premium make that had not been ruled out.
    With my front end and amplification I reason any speaker is going to sound pretty good, so why spend more?
    After taking your advice on cable and speakers and being nothing but polite to everyone I thought I would consult you again.
    They look to be in decent condition and maybe I would not be risking a lot.
    I am currently using the borrowed Sony SS3's. Thank you gentlemen.
    Good sound advice as usual chaps.
    I think what I will do is approach a single manufacturer for all the drivers and crossover.
    Then give the dimensions of the model to the cabinet maker.
    This way all the pitfalls can be avoided whilst still giving me a unique pair of speakers when completed.
    From the TaS Box

I think he changed his mind
    Last edited by AlanS; 06-08-2015 at 07:57.

I'm bob.

You should definitely buy them. Max bid certainly no more than six thousand.

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    Or opinion, either will be seriously considered.
    I would like to know what the membership think to these speakers and what they would bid (if anything).
    As always information would be most gratefully received.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wharfedale...item1a03d2f168

Serioulsy, just bite the bullet! Choose Walfdale Glendales, Choose Life.

There's no point endlessly asking advice - it's only £40 afterall and even if you end up thinking they don't sound great, you will have gained priceless experience of both a) assessing sound b) making a decision and going for it, living on the edge.

I'm Sam.

One problem with democracy (the cons of democracy are not often considered such is our brainwashing) is that the differing opinions within a group can impede any progress whatsoever. Better to be a dictator in your own life.

It's better to make mistakes and learn from them than to have never made a mistake (or something similar).

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Unfortunetly Marco, i think many of us here by now have realised that he is not here to seek or take advice, but rather to take the piss, sorry, but i amongst others have been of this opinion from the start, i think its time we ended this nonsense now!
    I kind of agree....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If we offer an opinion, will it actually be considered or just (rather rudely) dismissed as usual?

Marco.
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I kind of agree....
    Why the sofa? Honest opinions don't require apologies. If you look back, I haven't exactly been hiding behind the sofa about this. Nothing posted here has changed my opinion of this guy at all. It was obvious from the start.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    Serioulsy, just bite the bullet! Choose Walfdale Glendales, Choose Life.

There's no point endlessly asking advice - it's only £40 afterall and even if you end up thinking they don't sound great, you will have gained priceless experience of both a) assessing sound b) making a decision and going for it, living on the edge.
    I offered this advice on a different thread he was endlessly asking for advice/opinions and he said I was reckless.

I'm Richard.

I was told to ignore him when I expressed my suspicions. So I have. Why doesn't everyone else do the same?
    ABD.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Advent View Post
    One problem with democracy (the cons of democracy are not often considered such is our brainwashing) is that the differing opinions within a group can impede any progress whatsoever. Better to be a dictator in your own life.

It's better to make mistakes and learn from them than to have never made a mistake (or something similar).
    This reminds me of a Peter Cook sketch:

Interviewer: 'And would you say you had learnt from your mistakes?'

Peter Cook (as Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling) 'Oh, yes. I'm sure I could repeat each one of them perfectly'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast