+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from a Vietnamese in London

I'm Hai.

Talking Hello from a Vietnamese in London

Hello everyone, My name is Hai. I've just arrived in London and glad to be here in The Art of Sound. I love Classical, Jazz and Country music. Vinyl is my favourite source but digital helps me most in exploring the music world. Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand is my current speakers, they stayed with me for almost 5 years since I switched from Sonus Faber Cremona. I am a fan of Micro Seiki, SX-777AIR and AP-M1 are my main turntables for Vinyl records. It's pity for me cause I could not bring those stuffs to UK but to me, music is everywhere as long as you love it. So, enjoy.
    Thank you and wish you all happiness.

Hello Hai, welcome to AoS. I hope that you'll take the time to tell us more about the audio equipment scene in Vietnam.

I'm Grant.

Hi Hai, hope you enjoy your time here. Whats you favorite type of music?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Hai.

I visited Vietnam in 1994. Spent a month there - fascinating country with delighful and friendly people. Would love to hear about the audio scene in Vietnam and learn of the sort of gear that is available to you these days.

Hope you enjoy the Forum, welcome again

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Hai.

Thank you Stanley, Grant and Barry for your very warm welcome. I am happy to share what I know about the audio scene in Vietnam. Barry, If you have time, I would suggest you to come back to Vietnam, It is totally different compare to the year you came in 1994 . Regarding the audio scene in my country, there are wide range of audio choices within the audio communities (there is also a website named vnav.vn that reflects the trend, but it is in Vietnamese of cause). I've known some of the members own the latest model of Kharma or Rockport that cost them million of dollars, some other, like my friend, own a collection of hundred pairs of Celestion Ditton. There is also a man in Ho Chi Minh city, his name is Cuong, who owns 5 different Thorens Reference turntables. I don't think the number of audiophile in Vietnam is as much as in UK but it is also interesting. The ways that we do networking and share with each other, help each other are quite similar as others. DIY community is increasing in number as well, Tube amps and horn speakers are typical recently, I can't believe that they can make a 24bit DAC for less then 100 Dollars but they actually do, fantastic DAC.
    I love classical music, 60% of my music collection is about classical, 20% is about Jazz, the rest is for other types. My main speakers (all are now boxed in Vietnam) at the moment are Vienna Acoustic Grand Mozart. Unison Research (Hybrid Unico SE which I modified the two original 12AU7 with Telefunken ECC802S) is my amplifier. Power filter, speaker cables, and connectors are from Acoustic Art. I converted all my CD to Lossless since I bought M2Tech Young DAC as the digital source. For analog, this is a long story because it is actually my favourite hobbit since I was kid, beginning with R2R, Cassette and later Vinyl. Unison is also the phono preamp with Altec 4722 SUT for MC. I use two turntables with 5 different arms and cartridges. The turntables are Micro Seiki SX777AIR, Micro Seiki AP-M1. There are some other models in my collection but those two are the most frequent used. Although Micro is my favoured brand, lovely Garrard 301 still a temptation. I hope to listen to it some day in London.
    Again, thank you all and wish you all the best.
    Regards
    Hai

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Haihd View Post
    Thank you Stanley, Grant and Barry for your very warm welcome. I am happy to share what I know about the audio scene in Vietnam. Barry, If you have time, I would suggest you to come back to Vietnam, It is totally different compare to the year you came in 1994 . Regarding the audio scene in my country, there are wide range of audio choices within the audio communities (there is also a website named vnav.vn that reflects the trend, but it is in Vietnamese of cause). I've known some of the members own the latest model of Kharma or Rockport that cost them million of dollars, some other, like my friend, own a collection of hundred pairs of Celestion Ditton. There is also a man in Ho Chi Minh city, his name is Cuong, who owns 5 different Thorens Reference turntables. I don't think the number of audiophile in Vietnam is as much as in UK but it is also interesting. The ways that we do networking and share with each other, help each other are quite similar as others. DIY community is increasing in number as well, Tube amps and horn speakers are typical recently, I can't believe that they can make a 24bit DAC for less then 100 Dollars but they actually do, fantastic DAC.
    I love classical music, 60% of my music collection is about classical, 20% is about Jazz, the rest is for other types. My main speakers (all are now boxed in Vietnam) at the moment are Vienna Acoustic Grand Mozart. Unison Research (Hybrid Unico SE which I modified the two original 12AU7 with Telefunken ECC802S) is my amplifier. Power filter, speaker cables, and connectors are from Acoustic Art. I converted all my CD to Lossless since I bought M2Tech Young DAC as the digital source. For analog, this is a long story because it is actually my favourite hobbit since I was kid, beginning with R2R, Cassette and later Vinyl. Unison is also the phono preamp with Altec 4722 SUT for MC. I use two turntables with 5 different arms and cartridges. The turntables are Micro Seiki SX777AIR, Micro Seiki AP-M1. There are some other models in my collection but those two are the most frequent used. Although Micro is my favoured brand, lovely Garrard 301 still a temptation. I hope to listen to it some day in London.
    Again, thank you all and wish you all the best.
    Regards
    Hai
    You are welcome Hai. A good intro. I like some jazz myself, in fact its one of my main listens these days. So have you moved to London for work reasons, or is it a permanent move?... any ways, welcome again.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Hai.

Hi Grant,

I moved to London for work reason, initially 3 years. Jazz is always fascinating, I like Jazz too.

I'm Grant.

Depending on your Jazz likes, the many Ellington re releases on vinyl are worth collecting. superb analogue mastering
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Music is everything !!! Welcome to AOS
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Hai.

Geoff,

+ Reply to Thread