+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are speaker jumpers worth doing?

I'm Tim.

Default Are speaker jumpers worth doing?

Hi All,

Now i am not on the expensive range of gorgeous gear many have on here... but i am happy with the set up i have. I run Monitor Audio BX5's as my main stereo speakers & as many they are bi wire. I have tried doing bi-wire wires from the Yam Aventage amp & could not tell a difference between them and my chord carnival silverscreen. I just have the standard gold plated type links, should i buy 1m of good speaker cable & make some? is it worth it or only worth it on a much better system? Only asking as i like tweeking thanks & apologies if its a boring & simple question
    Amp: Rotel A11 Tribute

Sources:
    Mac mini 2011 and 2014 both ssd’s

Dac: ifi zen blue

Leads: tacima’s, Lapp/supra Lorad power leads (home made with mk silver plugs etc), audioquest golden gate rca,

Speakers: Triangle Borea BR03

I'm Dave.

Definitely worth doing but they don't have to be made from anything exotic, a bit of 19 strand will do the job.

I'm Tim.

thanks for the reply Dave, appreciate it. So deffo worth the change over the standard links then. will get ebaying for some bits to make some. will probably get 1m of the same speaker wire, Chord Carnival silver screen & make it from them

Sources:

Leads: tacima’s, Lapp/supra Lorad power leads (home made with mk silver plugs etc), audioquest golden gate rca,

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by TimJ View Post
    thanks for the reply Dave, appreciate it. So deffo worth the change over the standard links then. will get ebaying for some bits to make some. will probably get 1m of the same speaker wire, Chord Carnival silver screen & make it from them
    Yep! The consensus is often to use / try the same cable as your speakers for your jumpers. Whether you like the difference or not is another story I had some Silver Spiral jumpers made up to match the speaker cable and preferred the sound with the standard gold plated jumpers. That said the ones I tried were not made up that great to be honest so I may well give it amother go one day.

I'm Martin.

I've done this in the past too and I'm not sure I would say it was definately worth it. In fact I could hear no difference over the brass links, or indeed, bi-wiring.

But mileages can vary and it is not time consuming or costly so certainly worth a try.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm inactive.

I tried it with a new pair of speakers - didn't notice any difference so put the links back on (didn't want to lose them in case I sell them on....)

I'm Tim.

hi folks, thanks for the replies. I took a punt, only £20 so nothing to loose really. Ordered 1m of Carnival SS & Nakamichi 24k gold plugs & spades. I already have nice heat shrink and the black covering if i want to put that on as well. See how it goes

Sources:

I'm alan.

That nice Mr Andrews will sell you a pair of jumper cables for only £2,640,must be good at that price... You would need a very good set of lugholes to hear the difference between them and your 20 quid ones....
    Revox B795,NVA Phono 1,Teac PD H500C,SB Touch,Mark Grant Linear PSU,Bushmaster MkII,NVA AP70,IPL LS3TLM.Royd Minstrels.

I'm Phil.

in my more anal days I spent some months researching the different types of jumpers and their effects
    I tried analysis plus , supra , chord signature , vertex , and many others . in the end I preferred the chord signature which are cheap and cost effective but it does make more difference with higher end gear imho
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Michael.

I use bare wire from speakers do banana plugs change the sound ? I've read online ! Thankyou for your help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast